1. Wow!! Hey Federico, This Is A Really Great & Wonderful Awesome Singing & Playing Music Performance On Your "U2 - The Blackout (cover from SONGS OF EXPERIENCE)" U2 Song Cover Music Vid Upload By You Here, My Best Dear Friend!! I Loved It Alot!! Big Thumbs Up Like # 25 For You, My Friend!! Hey Federico, You Look Real Cool With Your Dark Rock Shades Sunglasses On, My Friend!! You Look Like A Rock Star Now!! Stay Blessed & Have A Really Great & Wonderful Awesome Happy Safe Rockin' Week, Federico, My Best Talented Dear Friend & Great Best Rockin' Bro!! - Big Will

This just convinced me to try and record a cover myself. Someone has to fix this mess!
  2. Mmm: I'm not so enthusiastic at the moment, though perhaps I should keep this to the Unpopular U2 opinions thread!

I don't really like the production: the song is really quite simple; I think it would have benefitted from a simpler, more classic arrangement, especially the chorus (which is really noisy, though not in a nice way). The middle part is out of focus. Bono keeps singing 'When the lights go out' - but this is too high for him (the voice on 'lights' isn't full) and, to me at least, it sounds a bit pathetic. And the song has no proper end!

Argh.
  3. Hmm, I'm already a bit done with listening to the song, that's unusually quick when it comes to new U2 songs.
  4. if someone already posted it i'm sorry, if not here we are , on youtube for mp3 audioconverter too, i like the song and the video very much but i could not read all the thread of topic, there are many comments. Ciao
  5. Originally posted by Remy:Hmm, I'm already a bit done with listening to the song, that's unusually quick when it comes to new U2 songs.
    +1...I think the mix we have available doesn't help matters
  6. I like the funky bass in this song
  7. Originally posted by Remy:Hmm, I'm already a bit done with listening to the song, that's unusually quick when it comes to new U2 songs.
    Glad to see I'm in good company :-).

It isn't a bad song. But the production doesn't really help.

As always, I think they should stop trying to be relevant, and focus on the music. They'll never ever be as relevant again as they used to. Taylor Swift's latest single (good, but not her best) has now 90M (the official video) + 50M (the lyrics video) views on youtube. U2's standing realistically stands in the region of 1/100th of those numbers or so.
  8. Kinda like the song, except the chorus (but love the pre-chorus).
  9. Originally posted by Remy:Hmm, I'm already a bit done with listening to the song, that's unusually quick when it comes to new U2 songs.
    Wow that was fast! I guess the poor production doesn't help.
  10. After the third listening, I think it's a good song - easily forgettable, it's true - but at least is less kitsch than what we're used to with The Miracle, Song For Someone or the studio version of Every Breaking Wave.
  11. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]
    Glad to see I'm in good company :-).

It isn't a bad song. But the production doesn't really help.

As always, I think they should stop trying to be relevant, and focus on the music. They'll never ever be as relevant again as they used to. Taylor Swift's latest single (good, but not her best) has now 90M (the official video) + 50M (the lyrics video) views on youtube. U2's standing realistically stands in the region of 1/100th of those numbers or so.
    No need to compare with shifty swifty, U2 have fans and people who know what real music is...12/14 year olds can listen to Beyonce and all that shit. The charts is full of propaganda...sexing up children ,stealing the innocence of children..another argument for another time. But U2 are better than anything the charts suggest.