1. New album end of 2021...new tech wonder stadium tour 2022/2023....and it will be the "last" tour
  2. i think after next tour they will make in 2021 an Achtung Baby 30th anniversary tour and in the same year "song of ascent" new and last record with tour like jtt and soe.
    Afterwards only unplugged concerts. They will never stop like Rolling Stones, imo
  3. Originally posted by bazzzz:i think after next tour they will make in 2021 an Achtung Baby 30th anniversary tour and in the same year "song of ascent" new and last record with tour like jtt and soe.
    Afterwards only unplugged concerts. They will never stop like Rolling Stones, imo
    Not another anniversary tour.

the only way i could accept it would if they did original stage production like Zoo, with some new tech added in. But even then it would still be silly and 1 anniversary tour is enough i think
  4. Their current Live Nation contract ends in 2020. As much as I love the idea of getting another 2 albums before they call it a day, I guess we can call ourselves very lucky, if we will get even one album.
    They actually back then planned taking i+e outdoors, so that might happen in 2019 then. Or at least, they will use 2019 to finally take that i+e stage to the rest of the world (South Africa, South America, Oceania).
    That would leave just one more year for another album & final tour. We all know U2, we know they need several years to produce anything.

The idea of stretching it up until the 50th anniversary sounds nice, but I don't know if they would do that. Quite actually I have a feeling, they realised their time's running out, they don't live forever, and they are not in their 20s anymore.

At least, they have so much unreleased stuff, they can feed us from their retirement without doing any kind of work for another 2-3 decades.

But surely we will get a third TJT anniversary in 2027, instead of giving POP some love
  5. I love the new album, but bring back Eno and Lanois for this one, please.
  6. Originally posted by sparko:Their current Live Nation contract ends in 2020. As much as I love the idea of getting another 2 albums before they call it a day, I guess we can call ourselves very lucky, if we will get even one album.
    They actually back then planned taking i+e outdoors, so that might happen in 2019 then. Or at least, they will use 2019 to finally take that i+e stage to the rest of the world (South Africa, South America, Oceania).
    That would leave just one more year for another album & final tour. We all know U2, we know they need several years to produce anything.

The idea of stretching it up until the 50th anniversary sounds nice, but I don't know if they would do that. Quite actually I have a feeling, they realised their time's running out, they don't live forever, and they are not in their 20s anymore.

At least, they have so much unreleased stuff, they can feed us from their retirement without doing any kind of work for another 2-3 decades.

But surely we will get a third TJT anniversary in 2027, instead of giving POP some love

surely they would want to get to the 50th anniversary of the band then maybe see where they are at. I know they have given us so much , i don't expect anything but it would seem silly to breakup before the big 50, Bono's ego is to large to call it before then.
  7. I think they are still eager to make music. Normal folks retire at 65 or later. And they can - will - downsize touring. I think they have another 2 to 3 albums in them. If not more. I actually think they'll keep making music in their older age. Bowie eventually did. TNT and Blackstar are both fantastic records. I'd be surprised if U2 didn't want to do something along similar lines. Or, at least, it'd be nice if they did.
  8. Originally posted by JuJuman:I think they are still eager to make music. Normal folks retire at 65 or later. And they can - will - downsize touring. I think they have another 2 to 3 albums in them. If not more. I actually think they'll keep making music in their older age. Bowie eventually did. TNT and Blackstar are both fantastic records. I'd be surprised if U2 didn't want to do something along similar lines. Or, at least, it'd be nice if they did.
    I remember either Edge or Bono saying year's ago ''If your not in the music business to be as good as the Stones and The Beatles , you shouldn't be in the industry" idk something along those lines, if health permit's it i'm sure they will get to at least 50 years together.
    Already the longest's band in history with original lineup! that's something we as fans can be proud to tell people!
  9. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    I remember either Edge or Bono saying year's ago ''If your not in the music business to be as good as the Stones and The Beatles , you shouldn't be in the industry" idk something along those lines, if health permit's it i'm sure they will get to at least 50 years together.
    Already the longest's band in history with original lineup! that's something we as fans can be proud to tell people!
    Indeed!
  10. During the 360 tour there was that interview with Adam and Edge where Adam stated "we will do that 5 more years, maybe 10 but I don't think we will still be doing it in 15 or 20 years" - something like that. I guess that pretty much sums it up.
    They mentioned often enough, they don't want to end up like the Rolling Stones.
    And at their 50th, they are mid-60 and I actually don't expect them still doing these things then. They are not getting any younger, none of us does.

Adam has a little boy, Edge has a little grandchild, maybe the others will be grandpas soon as well. I'd say they might soon be wanting to spend more time with the important things in life, and as much as they love it, but that's not making music.

I'd rather see them leaving earlier with a big BOOM at the end, a tour full of energy, instead of doing three songs here or there, 20 small gigs god knows where.
    You need to stop while you're still at the top.

At least, U2 will NEVER split up. There's only one way out of U2 and that's in a coffin. They will take a last break.
  11. Originally posted by sparko:During the 360 tour there was that interview with Adam and Edge where Adam stated "we will do that 5 more years, maybe 10 but I don't think we will still be doing it in 15 or 20 years" - something like that. I guess that pretty much sums it up.
    They mentioned often enough, they don't want to end up like the Rolling Stones.
    The first line is not only subjective to change as time goes by, but if it's true it still Leanne's ten more years of U2.
    The second it's not what they meant, they're not talking about playing at an old age, but not having new material (which they dangerously walked that path in last year's tour).

We don't need to retire them, I don't think they'll announce officially that is over, they'll keep living their lives and clearly making music and performing as U2 is part of their lives, so that won't stop, even if they slow down.
  12. We are just two years away from the 10 year anniversary of NLOTH, where they will have discussions about the true meaning of "Shush Now" the profound lyrical discovery they made on Unknown Caller, and will play the "Shush Now" remix that will be track 9 on Songs Of A Scent,, a album about smelling one's soul