1. U2 have NOT to be afraid of being themselves. They are trying follow the fashion and that is their biggest mistake! If the next album is not for the radio and the young people, but for the real fans, it is ok.
  2. I remember around 90 to 91 before Achtung Baby came out the media and various new hip bands who now since long ceased to exist had written U2 off saying there was no place for their overblown stadium Rock among the new breed and that they were a dinosaur band who were on the verge of extinction whose time had passed same thing happened at the end of the 90s .U2 have never been hip or fitted into a musical genre and that's why they have survived so long I really don't think they will call it a day anytime soon as they are still massive and as previously mentioned Bono's ego wouldn't allow it as they've still to write the perfect album (according to themselves)
  3. Originally posted by Marmantzos20:U2 have NOT to be afraid of being themselves. They are trying follow the fashion and that is their biggest mistake! If the next album is not for the radio and the young people, but for the real fans, it is ok.
    We all think this, perhaps, the answer is in the lyrics to The Showman. We all know they were a rock band that happened to have pop hits. They seem more like a Pop band that dabbles in rock, and they want attention, and most of all RELL UH VANCE. Oh, yeah, not supposed to use the R word around here anymore, right? I've come to terms with this. We still get great songs, like Little Things, Crystal Ballroom, and The Showman may not be the best ever, but it sure is fun for me, not groundbreaking, but hay, my favorite band with some new material. Most of my favorite acts have died or hung it up. I'd love for a new REM album now...
  4. I think songs of ascent does not exist anymore. All music of SOA is now on SOI and SOE
  5. I agree
  6. I think they want to hear their new music on the radio. The question I would have if it was me is that the way we really sound or is it a studio/producer collaboration. Because most of the songs dont sound like U2. It sounds like U2 and Ryan Tedder etc.
  7. The other problem and main problem with their relevance worry is that almost all djs are going to play their older hits over any new one in 6 months to a year at most. No one going this song on SOE is better or as good as half of their classics
  8. Originally posted by amansman:I think they want to hear their new music on the radio. The question I would have if it was me is that the way we really sound or is it a studio/producer collaboration. Because most of the songs dont sound like U2. It sounds like U2 and Ryan Tedder etc.
    They still sound very U2.
  9. What song sounds like U2? What song sounds like one of their hits? What song sounds like something similar to Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby? SOI had songs like that.
  10. Yeah not only is that an impossible argument to make for this band, but there are tons of moments on this album that totally have that U2 sound.

Not to mention we can’t request experimentation but also slag them for not sounding like themselves at the same time. That just doesn’t make any sense lol.

I stand by this album still 100%. Listened to it today in full again and still can’t believe how fantastic it is.