1. Originally posted by tkfiyah:Currently working on redoing the tracklisting of Songs of Innocence as well, since half that album is super cringy to listen to in my opinion (looking at you Raised By Wolves). Trying to figure a way to get Invisible and Ordinary Love on there and make the tracklisting flow better than the original which felt like a cross between Danger Mouse cuts and songs more reminiscent of prior albums.

Anyone else tried anything with Songs of Innocence?
    All I would do is swap out the miracle for invisible, volcano for crystal ballroom and sleep like a baby tonight for lucifers hands. The ones I’m swapping can go on disc 2. I guess Ordinary Love could be the 12th track on the album just to fit it in. The rest I’ve not mentioned I think are all great and even the ones I’d be swapping out I don’t hate I just prefer the 3 taking there place.
  2. It was a joke.

But still, having Crumbs amongst my all time favorites, it was a bit of a shock to find someone just stating to don't like Crumbs
    I think it has a great guitar part, a strong vocal delivery and beautiful lyrics...
    But it's all good. It would be so boring all having the same taste anyway!

Ah well...I did hear it live once...maybe that helps too
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    It was a joke.

But still, having Crumbs amongst my all time favorites, it was a bit of a shock to find someone just stating to don't like Crumbs
    I think it has a great guitar part, a strong vocal delivery and beautiful lyrics...
    But it's all good. It would be so boring all having the same taste anyway!

Ah well...I did hear it live once...maybe that helps too
    Not sure hearing it live would help... But I'm sure you don't like some songs I totally love
  4. Sorry if this is repeat content for those reading the NLOTH thread - this is my personal edit to the album I enjoy quite a bit

1. Soon
    2. NLOTH
    3. Magnificent
    4. Moment of Surrender
    5. Unknown Caller
    6. Fez-Being Born
    7. White as Snow
    8. Winter
    9. Breathe
    10. Cedars of Lebanon
  5. Alternative HTDAAB:
    1. Vertigo
    2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    3. Miracle Drug.
    4. SYCMIOYO
    5. COBL
    6. Crumbs
    7. AMAAW
    8. Fast Cars
    9. Original of the Species
    10. Mercy
    11. Yahweh

You can include or not ABOY.
  6. My playlist for Pop (only because I want this fantastic album to last even longer)

1. Pop Muzic (from Last Night on Earth single)
    2. Discotheque
    3. Do you feel loved
    4. Mofo
    5. If God will Send (single version)
    6. Staring at the Sun (Mike Hedges mix)
    7. I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub- from Please single)
    8. Last night on earth
    9. Gone (Mike Hedges mix)
    10. Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)
    11. Miami
    12. Playboy Mansion
    13. Velvet Dress
    14. Wake Up
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Alternative HTDAAB:
    1. Vertigo
    2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    3. Miracle Drug.
    4. SYCMIOYO
    5. COBL
    6. Crumbs
    7. AMAAW
    8. Fast Cars
    9. Original of the Species
    10. Mercy
    11. Yahweh

You can include or not ABOY.
    Swap out Xanax and Wine for Fast Cars, it was soooo much better... and that looks like a killer running order. I always liked the regular Atomic Bomb running order though, though maybe only for sentimental reasons as it was the first U2 album I really connected with all the way.
  8. Here's my How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.
    Same rules, same track list, just different running order.

Mainly opening with COBL and following with Vertigo works better for me.
    Also, I find it a bit slow/boring having both SYCMIOYO and MD in the "first act", so I broke that union apart.
    Finally, I wanted OOTS a bit more upfront.

9. I did; you might not appreciate the inclusion of RBW but here it is haha.

1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    2. Every Breaking Wave
    3. California (There Is No End to Love)
    4. Song for Someone
    5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
    6. Lucifer's Hand
    7. The Crystal Ballroom
    8. Raised by Wolves
    9. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight [Alternate Perspective Mix]
    10. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    11. Invisible
    12. Ordinary Love
    13. The Troubles

I tried to start with Innocence, then move into a darker second half, focusing mainly on larger world problems. It almost ends on a positive note, but then we finish with The Troubles, which does a great job of thing all the themes of this version of the album together: hope and despair, the personal and worldwide, and, of course, innocence and experience.
  10. Ok, this one is a bit tricky...

I present you Dawn, the one album I've been obsessing for the last few weeks, listening over and over again.

Released between 1978 and 1980, this album contains 12 tracks recorded before the Boy album.
    I really love this period and I do love most of these songs.

The album is bookended with two instrumental tracks: Speed of Life as the opener, and Things to Make and Do as the closer.

I particularly enjoy the first act, with 11 O'Clock, The Fool, False Prophet and LOADP, which are my favorite tracks of the whole pre-boy era (along with Pete The Chop, of which sadly we don't have a studio recording).

I would've (slightly) preferred to have Trevor instead of Touch, but the recording of Trevor is lacking.
    However Touch is great anyway, and then the Street Missions + Boy/Girl combo picks up the energy.
    Alone In The Light starts some sort of an encore of the album, joined by The Dream Is Over and Another Day.

*Boy/Girl and Another Day are from their original recording sessions. Those raw versions fit way better into this album than the remastered/whatever versions in following releases.

*I know that I'm missing Tonight, Inside Out and Jack in a Box; I wanted to keep them, specially Jack, but sadly those demos are way too short and not of the best quality, so the album works better without them. They'll be in a different one.

---

Now... the tricky part...

That's one album.

But that one comes with its companion, Kindergarten Boy:

*I Will Follow, Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, and Into The Heart, from the Live at the BBC session.

*I actually prefer the "demo" versions of Into The Heart, Electric Co, and Shadows And Tall Trees over their album counterparts. Totally love them.

Speaking of which, that's the only instance that I know of, when you can get the feeling that An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart are two different songs, and ITH is awesome by itself...
    ...because of that, I thought that breaking that eternal duo would work better and I think it did. That's why I made a different track order.
    Imho, Into The Heart works great as an opener, the wonderful original Shadows works better more upfront, and closing with the high energy of Electric Co + I Will Follow works pretty good.

---

BUT I also have 3 different "mini-albums" with those (and other) tracks:

Here's 1978:

Here's 1979:

And, here's 1980:

*Out of Control is from a 1979 session, but we know it was around since 1978, so I decided to include it in that mini-album.

---

Sorry for the long post, but I seriously totally love this period.

Also, if I'm missing a demo/song from this period, please let me know.