1. me too

I really don t like it. This is not what i expected by U2. I think they did it like a game and just to do something different but this is not U2.
  2. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:Agreed about The Swan! 90% of that album to me is more interesting to me than U2's 2000's work

I'm falling in love with Your Blue Room again, after wearing out the From the Ground Up version I've made my way back into the arms of the album version

Also falling in love with YBR again. Wow, what a song. The outro is just mesmerizing - Edge's guitar solo and Adam's spoken word "Zooming in and zooming out..." Just genius. My one regret with going to Chicago night 1 instead of 2 back in 2009 when it made its live debut, even if they never quite nailed the song in concert.

This has made me want to revisit the whole Passengers album. If only Larry would let them make an Original Soundtracks 2...but maybe any kind of collaboration with Eno is out considering their disappointment in NLOTH?
  3. Have you guys heard the recital by Bono from 2009? Different league entirely.

(Just listening to Passengers now and thought I'd read this topic while doing so.)
  4. ^ I haven't heard that. Is it a solo or live recital?

Listened to YBR and AFN. Utterly beautiful music, actually it's beyond music - it's like transcendation.
  5. It was a solo recital for the BBC with a string backing. The full clip contained various words by Bono interwoven with archival clips of Elvis, but at the end Bono recites Elvis Ate America. You can download it here. I cut the first 13 minutes of crap out, if you wanted to hear it in full I'd have to search the BBC site for it again. But Elvis Ate America is the only thing worth hearing.
  6. Thanks for that Tim.
    It is fine as a poem or recitation, but trying to add music was odd, to say the least. For example, I had no issues with Drunk Chicken because they left it as a recitation.
  7. Crazy, I never knew that it was ever performed/recited, thanks Tim
  8. You'd think they could've thought of a better lyric to recite.

Like A Different Kind Of Blue or perhaps Slug.
  9. I like Elvis Ate America.
    And I like to segue it with I've Got You Under My Skin.
    It's an odd pairing but I really like that transition.
  10. I love that Passengers album.
    Always did, always will.
  11. Miss Sarajevo. Reason enough to listen to this highly underrated