1. They usually go around $50-90 depending on the condition. Toooooooooo much.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Funnily enough I've recently fallen back in love with this album. I love putting it on at night, songs like Slug, Always Forever Now, Different Kind of Blue and Beach Sequence just fit perfectly.

I also just bought a turntable and thus begins my mad conquest for vinyl collecting. Seeing as how I don't have Passengers in any physical form (shameful, I know) perhaps i just search for a vinyl copy. They don't come cheap though..

Always Forever Now...I absolutely love AFN. Slug is just perfect. As for the 'mood' of the album, I find certain tracks can be played at any time. United Colours is a great driving song, Slug is good for moments of anger (for the pulsing sound) - really a night-time experience. Much like Eno's solo records e.g. Music For Airports, The Plateaux of Mirror, Here Come The Warm Jets etc.

I've never even seen it on vinyl.
  3. I've never seen it on vinyl either.
  4. Ebay is your friend
  5. This album is nearing twenty years and it still sounds as modern as anything I've ever heard.

Some of U2's greatest pieces of work here. Cut out Elvis Ate America and you've got a flawless masterpiece with not one bad song there - which that should have been replaced with something like Viva Davidoff or the Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell) remix - coincidentally, one of the best U2 remixes ever.

For those unfamiliar with that remix:

6. Yeah,it's really great and I still regret they didn't have balls to put it out under U2.
    I would really like if they do Original Soundtracks 2
    And from Pop era I prefer Starring at the Sun remixes. Or I'm not Your Baby would fit on Passengers too.
  7. The only remix of a Pop song that I enjoy is the Brothers in Rhythm mix of Staring at the Sun. But that's for another topic.

Funny that you favour the exclusion of Elvis over Ito Okashi. I think the latter fits Passengers better, but it's the worst track on the album.

I'd still love to hear Let's Go Native as the intro song on tour. I think it'd be a nice fit for Reach Me Now.
  8. Originally posted by iTim:The only remix of a Pop song that I enjoy is the Brothers in Rhythm mix of Staring at the Sun. But that's for another topic.

Funny that you favour the exclusion of Elvis over Ito Okashi. I think the latter fits Passengers better, but it's the worst track on the album.

I'd still love to hear Let's Go Native as the intro song on tour. I think it'd be a nice fit for Reach Me Now.
    I hate Ito Okashi. Like what the hell is it? I av=ctuakky reakky enjoy Elvis Ate America.
  9. Really? A thing that sounds nothing, not even remotely close, like the original (great) song?

I love Let's Go Native as well, I think it would be great as a pre-recorded intro to an encore or even for the concert as Tim says.
  10. I fully support Drew's opinion that if you remove Elvis Ate America, it's an under-appreciated gem with no clunkers. I actually like Ito Okashi, and to my surprise, according to my ipod, OST1 is one of my most played albums.
  11. I must have listened to it from beggining to end around 5 times in my life. Or less. lol