1. Originally posted by Sev00:They could honestly play all 13 songs of the album from start to finish in order on the next tour, just like they did for Joshua Tree, and I would be perfectly happy.
    that's what I thought as well.
  2. Originally posted by thefly108:SOE and No Line are close for me. Best Thing - GOO - American Soul is kinda like Crazy - Boots - SUC to me, except that I like Boots and SUC a lot more than the rest.

Hate that people call it GOO...doesn't even make sense. "Get Out Of"
  3. Pop.
  4. Originally posted by Sev00:They could honestly play all 13 songs of the album from start to finish in order on the next tour, just like they did for Joshua Tree, and I would be perfectly happy.
    That'll be something! But I think perfect happiness shall have to settle for less
  5. So if we consider Zooropa as a companion to AB and SOE as a companion to SOI, then SOI/SOE are U2's best work since AB/Z - easily.

More controversially, as much as I love Zooropa, saw U2 in Rome in 1993, queued to by my copy of the record when it first came out, and so on, SOE is -- for me -- definitely a bigger and stronger album. So, best since AB. One of their four masterpieces: TUF, JT, AB, and SOE. (Like I said, more controversially.)
  6. It's still very early to judge an album that's been with us for 48 hours against a 41 years old discography

But I predict: once the dust has settled down and the honeymoon has gone by, this will go down as their best album of the XXI century for most fans. It's got less facepalm-deserving songs than ATYCLB, HTDAAB and NLOTH and it's more cohesive and honest than SOI.

If you pair SOI+SOE as Julien says ↑ (and, well, taking out the few tracks that are poor from both albums), then this might be their 3rd masterpiece.
  7. Best in a decade (HTDAAB), at least.
    IMO, NLOTH and SOI were a bit subtle and less rock-ish apart from few songs (Breathe, RBW, Cedarwood Road...)
  8. It's not worthy of the effort required to type out the full acronym.
  9. I like this album more the more I listen but it still hasn't beat No Line for me.
  10. for me isn't the best album
  11. I do like the album as a whole, but SOI has the better individual songs. I prefer SOI.