1. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I forgot that episode.
    In my mind it was just, damn he was there... but he's fine, so no biggie. So I never made the connection.

On the other hand, I insist, hopefully it wasn't a big health issue, and if it was, I hope it "was", and not that they're just strong enough...

I seriously think it can be that. For a sensible soul like Bono it must have been pretty shocking and traumatic to see 86 people being killed a few meters from him. If any of you have ever witnessed a human passing away in front of you, whether it's at a hospital or in a road accident or whatever, it always humbles you and kind of makes you realize your own death might be around the corner. Well multiply that feeling for 86, add a specially sensible soul and a special way to look at the world, and...

Don't know, maybe it's me forcing myself to think it's not something health-related
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I seriously think it can be that. For a sensible soul like Bono it must have been pretty shocking and traumatic to see 86 people being killed a few meters from him. If any of you have ever witnessed a human passing away in front of you, whether it's at a hospital or in a road accident or whatever, it always humbles you and kind of makes you realize your own death might be around the corner. Well multiply that feeling for 86, add a specially sensible soul and a special way to look at the world, and...

Don't know, maybe it's me forcing myself to think it's not something health-related
    Sorry man but I think you’re wrong and it really was health related. All the little hints that the band have made about it, make it seem health-related (there was talk of doctors/physicians too, no? Also on the liner notes) - and it is supposed to be last winter, not July.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:And I don't have a problem with the timelines.

Little Things was very different a year ago, it was so different that it had a different name ("The Morning After Innocence") and it had different lyrics (he revealed part of those lyrics.

That was my point actually - that the changes were not just political but also personal and “brush-related”.
    If true, then half of Little Things is new (makes sense to me as it really feels like two songs glued together) and also Lights of Home’s lyrics are almost entirely new.
  4. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]
    Sorry man but I think you’re wrong and it really was health related. All the little hints that the band have made about it, make it seem health-related (there was talk of doctors/physicians too, no? Also on the liner notes) - and it is supposed to be last winter, not July.
    I don't know about the liner notes, Fnac has delayed the delivery and I haven't read them And I might be wrong, of course, maybe I was just hopeful.
  5. Maybe he’s diabetic. The doctor mentioned in the booklet has a diabetic (and heart disease) clinic. Maybe he wasn’t aware of the illness and got hyperglycemia? That is very freightening and you have to change your lifestyle when you’re a diabetic.
  6. Bono still drinks hard. So much Noel can't keep up. If this was health related, Bono didn't learn anything.
  7. haha, it was a joke because we 3 drink a lot
  8. Originally posted by KC11:Maybe he’s diabetic. The doctor mentioned in the booklet has a diabetic (and heart disease) clinic. Maybe he wasn’t aware of the illness and got hyperglycemia? That is very freightening and you have to change your lifestyle when you’re a diabetic.
    I’m diabetic. It’s no big deal and calling it a ‘brush with mortality’ is some proper hyperbole. Unless he’s an idiot and had an incident.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I’m diabetic. It’s no big deal and calling it a ‘brush with mortality’ is some proper hyperbole. Unless he’s an idiot and had an incident.
    True. If it’s controlled. But when that’s not the case you can loose consciousness. It happened to someone close to me and that person was very anxious afterwards.
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:'I was arrested. Facing a wall with my hands over my head... the force screaming at me not to move.'

I think he's implying pretty heavily that he had a heart attack. Cardiac arrest, being aware and unable to respond to it... and then talking about having to make some changes to his lifestyle subsequently.

This is what I thought , but according to Noel G, Bono is still drinking like mad , from morning til night . Noel even suggesting Bono has serious drinking issues, as Noel has said when he's home "with the family" he never drinks , only when he's "out and about , unlike Bono".

If he did indeed had something happen to him health wise, like a heart attack, it seems he hasn't changed his lifestyle , at all .

Also , I'm sure Bono wouldn't get a Dr's approval to go on a massive world tour some 5 months later , as the band did with the JT tour .

Whole thing is very odd.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Agreed , but diabetics arent really supposed to drink much right ? My buddy is a diabetic , he drinks a Guinness here and there , but not nonstop binges. According to Noel Bono drinks nonstop .
  12. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]
    Agreed , but diabetics arent really supposed to drink much right ? My buddy is a diabetic , he drinks a Guinness here and there , but not nonstop binges. According to Noel Bono drinks nonstop .
    I haven’t had to adjust alcohol intake. You just need to be a little cautious and make sure you are getting enough carbs in if what you are drinking spirits for example. I guess it can be easy for some to lost their way when on the drink though. Who wants to be doing blood tests when drunk?