1. Guess I should do a workup! Will have a lot of 3-6 grades.
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:I'd say there's a fair amount of grade inflation. Lights of Home being equal to Bad or Streets?

But hey, it's all subjective.
    It’s difficult when it comes to 10’s because amongst they 10’s there is an order of preference but I could say that for the other scores too. Any song I’ve given a 10 I love, I could listen to it all day and wouldn’t stop enjoying it. I do think Bad and streets are better than lights of home but I think lights of home is excellent it would be in my perfect u2 Setlist. Stay is my favourite song so I prefer that to bad and streets but I couldn’t mark any of they songs lower than a 10 because they’re all excellent.
  3. Like I said, all in personal opinion.

Lights of Home would be a nice solid 3/10 for me.
  4. I’ll be interested to see your scores, how many 10/10 do you think you’ll have just off the top of your head? I think I counted 33 in mine.
  5. Probably not many but we'll see.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah that's been brought up in the past. I guess there's a grade inflation and also an unconscious tendency to rate every song against the rest on their album rather than the rest of the discography.
    Yeah, I tend to rate in relation to the album rather than the discography. But, most of the time I’m happy for my 9’s and 10’s to sit together. Then the bell curve starts to appear and we get about 50 songs rated as 7 and the reality is, they aren’t all equal. Then we tail off and my 2’s and 3’s are all in good company.

I might go through this again this week and actually listen to the albums while I rate. Lord knows I’ve not listened to some stuff for years.
  7. Although we should do our best to be subjective when it comes to our opinions, I'm really bad at given classics (even ones that I am somewhat sick of) anything less than a 9 or 10. I probably never need to hear Pride or Mysterious Ways ever again but wouldn't dare rate them less than a 9.

8. There we go! Sorted by Album, then Alphabetical.
  9. ...by the same/opposite (?) token, nothing from NLOTH would rate higher than a 7 for me. Same might go for the last two albums.
    (I don't believe in grade inflation when it comes to songs... I see to much of it as an educator, I guess!)

10. And here's a chart breakdown on my ratings.
  11. How would you put they ratings into terms roughly? As in what score does a song need to be before you would say you like it? Poor, Average, good, great.

As an example I’d say a 1 is very poor I don’t like it, a 6 would be fine I wouldn’t tend to listen to the song in isolation but I can somewhat enjoy it when it comes on an album or played live, a 10 would be perfect I love the song.
  12. Given the work you do with your recordings I KNOW that you're a U2 fan. However, some your ratings do seem to illustrate this as much!