1. Originally posted by robbie07Bomb is a great album. Not as good as Achtung or Joshua, but its kind of unfair to measure it against those two.
    I also think Vertigo is one of the most underrated u2 songs. Sure its simple and the lyrics are ordinary, but my god there isnt a person in the stadium that doesnt go nuts when Bono yells Uno, Dos ... and the Edge cuts loose with with that awesome riff.

100% agreement

Alex
  2. Ok, so even though we got another brand new album to talk about, there's always the odd anniversary...

It's almost 10 years since How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was released. A true landmark, like it or not, since a LOT of fans discovered or got hooked to U2 with this album. It was a debatable album full of debatable songs, but it surely contained U2's biggest hit since The Fly or even earlier, and it meant a reassurement of U2 as the biggest band on Earth after the Pop-flop and the lower-key ATYCLB album & tour.

So, I don't mean to open any debate - it all has been said before and no new album is gonna change most of our opinions on the Bomb, but why not celebrate the anniversary with some revisiting?

10 years ago about this time, a lot of rumors were around about a new album with a supposed title "Atomic Bomb"! Well, it was close.. four singles released off of "HTDAAB" including Song Of the Year, 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own'.. Long titles to say the least. LOL.. I decided to revisit Da Bomb with some official and non-official remixes. Andy 'Redanka' Holt produced a Vertigo remix and was officially released... Andy also did a remix of All Because Of You and Miracle Drug (Zootopian Vocal Mix). He was a subscriber on U2.com and had many a chat with him. Great guy.. There are more productions also in this 53 minute medley mixed by me using Virtual DJ. Enjoy!!

3. Very nice...missing the days!!
    Anyway to download this mix? Sounds like a great mix for a workout

4. Maybe a PM might help ya
  5. I'm not really into this album. Love And Peace is great song and sometimes I listen to Vertigo, ABOY and Fast Cars. For me their worst album...
  6. Much better !!! Can I get a pm too
  7. please forgot my manners sorry
  8. For me first Achtung Baby, then Joshua Tree are U2's best albums.
    Pop worst.
  9. I'm one of the U2 fans who first discovered and got hooked on U2 because of this album, so of course it ranks pretty highly in my opinion.
  10. this was also the first U2 record that got me hooked, but the best? nah......
  11. Definitely not the best album as a whole, but there are several gems. I actually consider ATYCLB to be the best "complete" album (not counting SOI, which is contesting for the top spot, but I'm giving the album time to mature in my playlists before settling on a rank). A Man and a Woman never worked for me until I heard Bono and Edge play it during the Clinton Foundation concert.

Personally, I prefer the more modern sound to their older albums. However, I'm not sure how much of that has to do with musical style and how much has to do with the quality of production. Obviously, the sound production quality of The Unforgettable Fire is not going to compare to NLOTH or SOI. For example, my biggest complaint with some of these older albums is that some of the songs are just way too quiet. Bad and The First Time are the biggest examples of this. I absolutely love these songs, but a part of me wonders how they would sound with modern sound production.