1. In the "Did You Know?" section at the bottom, it says - "36 video monitors were used during every show of the ZooTV tour in 1991-1993."
    It was actually 1992-1993

2. Awww!
  3. I know it kinda of means the same, but in the Profile Section it says "Shows Visited", where the correct english would be "Shows attended". No big deal but worth pointing out
  4. Originally posted by Hans23:I know it kinda of means the same, but in the Profile Section it says "Shows Visited", where the correct english would be "Shows attended". No big deal but worth pointing out

Thanks, corrected!

5. something like that; you can visit a place or a person, but when its for a show attended sounds better because you personally arn't visiting the band, unless you said "I visited the San Siro to see U2" i guess
  6. Originally posted by Hans23:[..]

something like that; you can visit a place or a person, but when its for a show attended sounds better because you personally arn't visiting the band, unless you said "I visited the San Siro to see U2" i guess

Oh yeah I forgot about persons...

I'd say the San Siro example basically falls within the zone of my thesis above though...

Thanks, in any case.
  7. Small spelling failure at http://www.u2start.com/help/bootlegs/

"Wat is an IEM recording?" should be "wHat is an IEM"
    "Wat is a matrix recording?" ==> wHat
    "Wat is usenet and how can I download from it?" ==> ==> wHat

8. Nearly six months without a grammatical error. Small but y'know.

In August 1989, Adam got arrested and charged with possession of marijauna; he was given a $25,000 fine.

To give more 'meat' to the quote, so to say:
    In August 1989, Adam was arrested for possession of marijuana while in Dublin. In lieu of a conviction, the judge allowed him to donate £25,000 to the Dublin Women's Aid Refugee Centre.

The tallest building in Dublin, Ireland is going to be The U2 Tower, the skyscraper will have 35 floors and U2 will have a recording studio in it's penthouse which they will have access to via a private lift.

Which could be:
    The U2 Tower of which construction has been suspended due to the economic downturn in Ireland will consist of 35 floors, a recording studio and penthouse.

U2 was the first artist that was using a B-stage during their concerts, it was during the ZooTV tour (1991-1993).

To be more detailed with this quote:
    During the ZooTV Tour U2 introduced a new stage concept called the B-stage. It allows for more intimate and stripped-down performances of songs, later used by Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Coldplay amongst others.

U2 has played almost 1500 liveshows in their entire carreer in which they played over 20.000 songs on more than 800 locations.

Change this one to say:
    U2 have played nearly 1500 live shows all around the world which all told have consisted of over 20,000 various songs played in proper live shows, promotional dates and impromptu performances with many regions such as China yet to see a live U2 performance.

From summer 2007 to summer 2008 U2 already had written fifty to sixty songs for a new album.

Better:
    Starting from Summer 2007 to Summer 2008, U2 had written and recorded 50-60 songs for a new record with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. 11 of these were released on 2009's No Line On The Horizon.

During the recording of "The Electric Co." for Under A Blood Red Sky, Bono included a snippet of Stephen Sondheim's "Send In The Clowns". When the LP was released, U2 failed to get permission and pay the appropriate licensing and royalty fees to include that piece of Sondheim's tune on the album. When Sondheim objected, U2 agreed to pay a $50,000 (US) penalty for...

So it actually fits:
    In the live performance of 'The Electric Co.' from 1983's Under A Blood Red Sky, Bono sang a snippet of Stephen Sondheim's 'Send In The Clowns'. U2 had failed to get permission for this 27-second snippet and later agreed to pay a $50,000 penalty as well as removing the snippet from later pressings.

On September the 3rd in 1976, Larry Mullen jr. posted the famous note on the school's bulletin board to ask for people who want to join a band. 7 people respond and 4 make it to the band.

Last one for tonight:
    In September 1976, Larry Mullen, Jr. posted a notice on Mount Temple Comprehensive School's bulletin board to form a band. With seven responses to Larry's note, the band which were known at the time as The Hype, The Larry Mullen Band, Feedback and later U2 is whittled down to four as seen from 1980's debut Boy to the current day.

One night during the Achtung Baby recordings the band were struggling with a track called "Ultra Violet", The Edge came up with two possible parts which sounded both pretty good. They decided to put them together and there suddenly was the song "One", recorded completely in the following couple of hours.

I have to do one more:
    Starting life as two seperate demos, 'Ultra Violet' and '69', later evolving into 'Lady With The Spinning Head', The Edge improvised a riff that the rest of the band worked with. With said riff, 'One' was born, ultimately changing the outlook of the sessions and more importantly, keeping the band together.

U2's first rehearsal was in Larry's kitchen in the town Artane. The kitchen had the size of the whole drum equipment Larry uses these days.

And...
    U2's first rehearsal as The Larry Mullen Band took place in Larry's kitchen in Artane, Ireland in 1976. The kitchen was the size of his entire drum kit used on modern-day touring and in the studio.
  9. Thanks Drew! Scheduled for the weekend to correct