1. Originally posted by stj0691A few nights ago I had a dream about the new album, and when it came out.

The album had already been out for a few weeks, and I was loving it.

If I remember correctly it was October 24th, because I was going to a Who concert (I had found out they made a tour earlier that day in reality, and thats when they play in Boston).

I was so so hyped about it too. I remember telling my friend something like it was the greatest day of my life. The album was entitled "Supernova", and had 12 songs. The songs were like nothing I heard before. The only recognizable thing was Bono's voice.... everything else was just so unreal. Larry Mullen Jr. sounded like Mitch Mitchell. Adam's bass was louder than what we hear on most songs. It kinda reminded me of his bass solo on Gloria. Edge's guitar was melting, kinda like seeing a lava flow, but hearing it in your ears. Bono sounded as he did from the Elevation era.

After hearing the album, I went outside to go to the Who concert..... only to discover two backstage passes in the restroom! So I showed my friend them, and was also freaked out (the good way) as I was. So backstage was U2! They were doing their Promo tour segment in Boston, going to appear on the radio the next day. I told Edge how awesome the new album was. He said its good, the innovation level the same as Pop, but with the overall message of U2. Bono was also there. I talked to him about singing, and I sang my rendition of Song AB (My song) / The Fly (Love Chorus) / Thats What Friends Are For (Chorus). He asked why the Love chorus wasnt it falsetto. I then had to explain to him how much people loved the Elevation version of the song. So then he turned to Edge and said "fuck the guitar, this kid has a point". I overheard him and said people tease him about his guitar playing. Edge interrupted and said "we all do". Bono said I had a good voice, and then told me to follow him. He was going toward the stage. I was like "what is he doing". Then Roger Daltrey of the Who introduced Bono, but was puzzled why I was onstage. So Bono whispered something into his ear. So then he comes walking over, and says "wanna join on the choruses for one of the songs? I asked what was the chance "The Seeker" would be played. Bono, Edge and I sang backup on the Seeker! I know very odd........

then woke up, only to discover 12 Jimi Hendrix songs were played while I was asleep, as did the Seeker ( a live version ).

Had I not checked my iPod....I wouldnt have been as disappointed.

Damn, that's basically the ideal U2 dream for any fan--hearing new songs for the first time, going backstage, and playing with them. Awesome.
  2. A few nights ago, I had a dream that U2 announced out of the blue, in July, that they had finished the album, and they released Moment of Surrender as the lead single. I liked the song, but I don't remember a thing about it other than that.
  3. The other night I dreampt I bought the October reissue. It had a song that sounde like ITABTAW, with a IWF style chorus, and a TTYW style harmonica part. it actually was very good.
  4. Originally posted by stj0691A few nights ago I had a dream about the new album, and when it came out.

The album had already been out for a few weeks, and I was loving it.

If I remember correctly it was October 24th, because I was going to a Who concert (I had found out they made a tour earlier that day in reality, and thats when they play in Boston).

I was so so hyped about it too. I remember telling my friend something like it was the greatest day of my life. The album was entitled "Supernova", and had 12 songs. The songs were like nothing I heard before. The only recognizable thing was Bono's voice.... everything else was just so unreal. Larry Mullen Jr. sounded like Mitch Mitchell. Adam's bass was louder than what we hear on most songs. It kinda reminded me of his bass solo on Gloria. Edge's guitar was melting, kinda like seeing a lava flow, but hearing it in your ears. Bono sounded as he did from the Elevation era.

After hearing the album, I went outside to go to the Who concert..... only to discover two backstage passes in the restroom! So I showed my friend them, and was also freaked out (the good way) as I was. So backstage was U2! They were doing their Promo tour segment in Boston, going to appear on the radio the next day. I told Edge how awesome the new album was. He said its good, the innovation level the same as Pop, but with the overall message of U2. Bono was also there. I talked to him about singing, and I sang my rendition of Song AB (My song) / The Fly (Love Chorus) / Thats What Friends Are For (Chorus). He asked why the Love chorus wasnt it falsetto. I then had to explain to him how much people loved the Elevation version of the song. So then he turned to Edge and said "fuck the guitar, this kid has a point". I overheard him and said people tease him about his guitar playing. Edge interrupted and said "we all do". Bono said I had a good voice, and then told me to follow him. He was going toward the stage. I was like "what is he doing". Then Roger Daltrey of the Who introduced Bono, but was puzzled why I was onstage. So Bono whispered something into his ear. So then he comes walking over, and says "wanna join on the choruses for one of the songs? I asked what was the chance "The Seeker" would be played. Bono, Edge and I sang backup on the Seeker! I know very odd........

then woke up, only to discover 12 Jimi Hendrix songs were played while I was asleep, as did the Seeker ( a live version ).

Had I not checked my iPod....I wouldnt have been as disappointed.

That may be the coolest dream ever. I would have sang on Behind Blue Eyes though.
  5. Well, I've had two in recent months, but the first one I may have mentioned a while back, uncertain. Basically, they were doing a show at somewhere in a big stadium type thing (Vertigo tour), and they'd just finished playing Vertigo when Edge's guitar fucked up, and Bono looked down at me (I was by the ellipse, see), pointed and said "Harry, come and play guitar for us while Edge sorts stuff out" so I was dragged up, thrown a Strat., and Adam says "so, what do you wanna play?" and I start playing Sunday Bloody Sunday, although I still can't work out why...anyway, the gain wouldn't work so I just kept playing the main riff with someone akin to the tone for AIWIY, and when I came to the solo the strings broke, and by this point Larry stops 'cause his back hurts, Edge has sorted his problems out so Bono thanks me, I walk off stage and everything carries on. Weird stuff...

The other more recent one was where I was sitting in the old hall of either my high or primary school, and they were releasing their new single which was called "Sunshine of Your Love", yet sounded nothing alike its namesake lol. Edge was playing typical "jangly" guitar, a bit like Instant Karma, and Bono was just grooving around on stage. Then I woke up, thoroughly bemused lol.
  6. I actually never dream about U2 but i don't know why 'cos they are in my thoughts all the time. But last night (after a supper of cheese) I did have a dream. It was like the movie Back to the Future, but I was transported back to the past. In my dream I had just watched U2 playing a gig and it was when they had just started. so about 1979 or there abouts. But I knew what they didn't know and that is what would happen to them in the future. I'm really very shy so it took a lot of courage but I just knew that I had to go and speak to Bono. He had just finished the performance and was quite tired. But I went up to him and said 'I have to tell you. I'm from the future and you are going to be the biggest band in the world. I can't remember exactly what his words were but he sort of said ' I had a feeling that would happen'.
    Then I woke up. I know why I love him so much.

Lady G
  7. I had another last night. Sitting outside a pub with Bono and Edge and was just asking a few questions. Bono and Edge invited me to the car to hear a track they were working on called 'We're Gonna Kick You'. . . .happy days I though and got excited then the mother began hoovering. . .
  8. Who is 'The Mother' and why did the mother begin hovering????
  9. Sorry. Didn't read it properly. You said hoovering didn't you.
  10. Originally posted by ladygodivaWho is 'The Mother' and why did the mother begin hovering????

I think Gerard means his actual mother started hoovering around his house and woke him up from his dream
  11. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    I think Gerard means his actual mother started hoovering around his house and woke him up from his dream

thats the one. I never got to hear that tune in the boys car
  12. I know that now but I thought that he meant she spoiled it all because she was just around and generally hovering. I see now though.