1. Does anyone know whether an Apple store will do iOS updates for you in-store?
  2. I don't see any reason why not, what's the issue?
  3. my iphone has arrived home but my sim is too big so i just have to get a sim to slot it in and am i right is it called a micro sim or is micro sim the one i have with my iphone 4 i have with me at home right now.....

just lets me know.....
    thanks in advance
  4. You'll have a micro-SIM now, it'll need to be cut to nano-SIM size for it to fit your new iPhone. You can buy cutters off the internet, but most mobile phone repair shops will do it for you too.
  5. Phone companies will send you a new, already cutted (or die-cut, whatever the term is) SIM if you ask them, or at least they do here in Spain.

6. There isn't an issue per se, just want to start my phone fresh and don't have a lot of download quota in my new place to update with.
  7. Sorry for the wrong offtopic (please lead me right when i'm wrong been) but I wish that U2 will release a 4K Blu-Ray Disc with DTS-HD Master Audio from their concert entirety, soon the end of the year or next year.
  8. Just came across this little piece of awesomeness:

www.raspberrypi.org/

It might be very common out there, but personally I had only seen it mentioned here and there and never bothered to look it up - I thought it was some sort of smartphone or tablet (maybe influenced by Blackberry ). Now I see it's a credit-card sized computer, capable of HD movie playing and many more, and stupidly cheap (retails at $35). My (noob) question is: would it accept Windows 7 as a native OS? On quick googleing I have only found old articles (dating from 2013) explaining that some guy had succesfully launched an emulated W7 on one of these (well, on one of the previous versions, with lower specs and all, but still) while using an emulator and a thousand things I wouldn't be keen to do. I just want to get one of these to have the chance to plug it into a monitor and work away from home (my job software requires very low specs), but virtual machines and the fuzz ain't an easy solution. I see Microsoft is unleashing a new Windows10 distribution for Raspberry users soon, but I don't need W10, I just need XP, Vista, W7 or W8. Is it possible?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:Just came across this little piece of awesomeness:

www.raspberrypi.org/

[image]

It might be very common out there, but personally I had only seen it mentioned here and there and never bothered to look it up - I thought it was some sort of smartphone or tablet (maybe influenced by Blackberry ). Now I see it's a credit-card sized computer, capable of HD movie playing and many more, and stupidly cheap (retails at $35). My (noob) question is: would it accept Windows 7 as a native OS? On quick googleing I have only found old articles (dating from 2013) explaining that some guy had succesfully launched an emulated W7 on one of these (well, on one of the previous versions, with lower specs and all, but still) while using an emulator and a thousand things I wouldn't be keen to do. I just want to get one of these to have the chance to plug it into a monitor and work away from home (my job software requires very low specs), but virtual machines and the fuzz ain't an easy solution. I see Microsoft is unleashing a new Windows10 distribution for Raspberry users soon, but I don't need W10, I just need XP, Vista, W7 or W8. Is it possible?
    Not without emulation (as you alluded to above). The Pi has an Arm chip and only Windows 10 and Windows RT (which is no longer supported) support running on Arm natively. Even then, the software you need to run for your job will be a legacy Windows application which might be able to run on Windows 10 for Pi, but there are no guarantees. It's a neat idea, but unless you're willing to tinker with it and accept the headaches that setting it all up will bring, I would suggest you look elsewhere.
  10. Damnit. Thanks!

What about a native Linux with desktop OS? My job app is a very light app that works over Adobe Air and some team mates use Linux I think (and Mac). Would it work?
  11. is windows 10 any good
    my pc keeps telling me
    to change
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:Damnit. Thanks!

What about a native Linux with desktop OS? My job app is a very light app that works over Adobe Air and some team mates use Linux I think (and Mac). Would it work?
    Yeah sure. Linux doesn't give two hoots what chip it's running on. You could easily run Ubuntu or Debian, or whatever you want on a Pi. Adobe Air will run on just about anything. It's got more security holes than I care to think about, but it doesn't discriminate when it comes to platforms.