1. At this point it's absolutely fine to upgrade to Windows 10. It's a lovely upgrade from 7, 8, or 8.1. I've been on the dev preview for a while now, and all the bugs seem to have been ironed out.
  2. I'm craving to update to W10, it's gonna be a pleasure after almost two years standing the W8 mess

That's right Ross, thanks for your help. I might go back to this when (if) I get hold of confirmation that our software works on Linux. Having a complete workstation that's smaller than my cigarette box is undeniably attractive.
  3. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    At this point it's absolutely fine to upgrade to Windows 10. It's a lovely upgrade from 7, 8, or 8.1. I've been on the dev preview for a while now, and all the bugs seem to have been ironed out.
    thanks i will upgrade to ten then
  4. No bother, Sergio (and Buttons!). They are lovely things to have, and at $35 (or equivalent) they're also well within impulse buy range.
  5. no my upgrade is free
  6. He's talking about the little machine I'm discussing The W10 upgrade is free for everyone indeed (nice detail by Microsoft!).

Yeah, of course it's not big money (that's obviously part of its appeal), but I am no developer or machine enthusiast -unless you consider my guitars "machines", then I am- and I don't want to get stuck with a tiny computer I can't use because it doesn't serve the main purpose I want it for. That's why I want to make sure!
  7. oh ok lol
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    He's talking about the little machine I'm discussing The W10 upgrade is free for everyone indeed (nice detail by Microsoft!).

Yeah, of course it's not big money (that's obviously part of its appeal), but I am no developer or machine enthusiast -unless you consider my guitars "machines", then I am- and I don't want to get stuck with a tiny computer I can't use because it doesn't serve the main purpose I want it for. That's why I want to make sure!
    Of course. Well, I hope it all comes back positive. A $35 PC the size of a credit card and capable of facilitating your job is certainly a boon.

Anyone want a OnePlus Two? No? Well, I'm going to shamelessly drop my invite referral anyway (it's free to sign up for an invite).
  9. No idea what's the OnePlus but if me signing up is positive for you in any way I will do.
  10. Much appreciated. You are a saint.
  11. If that is a wordplay with my surname I kindly inform you that some hundreds have done it before
  12. On this occasion, it was not, Mr. Santos. Perhaps the hundreds of others also believe you're sainted?