1. The Nexus is gone. In to a HTC One A9. A downgrade in a lot of ways but feels much nicer than the 5x.
  2. What happened to your LG?
  3. The G4 or the Nexus 5x? Both gone. The G4 because it got hot as f**k doing anything and had annoying software. The 5x because it was boring.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    The G4 or the Nexus 5x? Both gone. The G4 because it got hot as f**k doing anything and had annoying software. The 5x because it was boring.
    It was the G4 you were using in Belfast, right? That would make sense since it got a bit toasty when Periscoping.
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    It was the G4 you were using in Belfast, right? That would make sense since it got a bit toasty when Periscoping.
    Any excuse to change a phone in reality.
  6. Somebody talk PC's to me. I haven't bought a Windows machine in years. I'm still loving Chrome but starting to find a few snags that make it a tad more annoying in a desk top environment. Mainly surrounding torrentrs from private trackers (I need utorrent again basically).

I want a compact machine (my chrome box is tiny) that is capable of 1080p video playback and streaming. I have a monitor and peripherals already.

Any suggestions? Ideally I won't be spending much due to the limited use it will be getting. If I'm going Windows it would have to be 10.

The only option I've really looked at is the 2nd gen Intel Compute Stick but availability is patchy and I've no idea of it's real world capabilities.

I won't be gaming either.
  7. Mini-ITX machines are tiny, although I'm not sure how they stack up performance wise.
  8. I'm getting a new laptop soon and I'm surprised at how expensive they've gotten in the past few years When I bought my current HP Sleekbook with AMD A4-4355M processor and 6 GB of RAM (a pretty good machine) back in summer 2013, it was about 350€ give or take a few bucks. Now I only find really shitty laptops with that budget, and there's nothing decent -or at least at the 2016 equivalent level of my current one- below 450 or 500 €. Have anyone else noticed this too? Or is it a Spanish thing only?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm getting a new laptop soon and I'm surprised at how expensive they've gotten in the past few years When I bought my current HP Sleekbook with AMD A4-4355M processor and 6 GB of RAM (a pretty good machine) back in summer 2013, it was about 350€ give or take a few bucks. Now I only find really shitty laptops with that budget, and there's nothing decent -or at least at the 2016 equivalent level of my current one- below 450 or 500 €. Have anyone else noticed this too? Or is it a Spanish thing only?
    I looked for refurbished laptops and I got an HP Pavilion for only 300 bucks at Wal-Mart. But yeah, others were priced at 700 or 800 dollars with worse specs. Although back in 2008 when I bought my old laptop, it also costed me $700 bucks and it was nothing fancy.
  10. Anyone know a way to create multiple folders with different names in one go? Ideally I'd like to put all the dates for one tour in a big list and create folders for bootlegs.
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I looked for refurbished laptops and I got an HP Pavilion for only 300 bucks at Wal-Mart. But yeah, others were priced at 700 or 800 dollars with worse specs. Although back in 2008 when I bought my old laptop, it also costed me $700 bucks and it was nothing fancy.
    Yeah I would look for refurbished too if it was me buying it, but my new company is paying for it (and later discounting it off my monthly wage) and they want it to be brand new, not refurbished, box-open, etc.

What I'm surprised about is that I bought a very decent laptop in 2013 by 350€ and now I can only find shit laptops for that price So prices have gone up instead of going down (which is the usual for any product). Even the same laptop which I bought is retailing at around 470€ now (well it's discontinued everywhere, but some sites still have stock for it)... I just don't get it.
  12. How's Windows 10 going for those who have upgraded? Still with Windows 7 atm.