1. Originally posted by walkon[..]

they should have realse one of the south american concerts as the dvd for the vertigo tour and not chicago, the band and the crowd are way much more energetic than the chicago dvd.
    U2 always sounds much more energetic in stadiums than in arenas.

That would have meant a release in August/September 2006 for the first DVD of the tour - 1 1/2 year after it kicked off. Wouldn't make much sense imho.

You can't please everybody, I guess.
  2. Originally posted by yeah[..]

That would have meant a release in August/September 2006 for the first DVD of the tour - 1 1/2 year after it kicked off. Wouldn't make much sense imho.

You can't please everybody, I guess.

it worked for Sydney and Mexico. Though they were the only DVD's released for their respective tours. Slane wasn't released until 2003 either was it not?
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

it worked for Sydney and Mexico. Though they were the only DVD's released for their respective tours. Slane wasn't released until 2003 either was it not?

Sydney and Mexico were available in different media form before. And before Slane was released, there was already Boston as release from that tour.
  4. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Sydney and Mexico were available in different media form before. And before Slane was released, there was already Boston as release from that tour.

I know that Sydney and Mexico were released on VHS but they were both filmed late in the tour and both release after the tour had finished
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I know that Sydney and Mexico were released on VHS but they were both filmed late in the tour and both release after the tour had finished

Yep, but back in the days releasing concert videos wasn't the standard it is now...
  6. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Yep, but back in the days releasing concert videos wasn't the standard it is now...

ahhh if only I was old enough to remember. I take your point
  7. I really hope there's not another best of release. When the dreadful day comes that the band finish I'm sure there'll be another kind of retrospective release. But please not before then lads! I'd rather something new rather than repackaging the same old studio songs again and again.