1. Originally posted by coldplayer:hi there

this is my first post here but i want you to let you know this

my first tattoo and it is now i week ago but i am still proud about it and forever i will be.

[image]

make in the star U2
  2. True story: the day before the first Brisbane show, my friends and I were over at Suncorp stadium checking things out, chatting to the campers, etc, when this young uniformed cop walks up to us and joins in the conversation. And THEN he rolls up his shirtsleeve to reveal his Joshua Tree tattoo.

Turns out he's a massive U2 fan, has been to heaps of shows, gave us some valuable intel for the next day.

We are everywhere.
  3. wait. just so I get it right.

a man in uniform
    a man in uniform from Down Under
    a man in uniform from Down Under who is a U2 fan

heaven

/happy sigh

amen to that
  4. my latest. the connection to U2 should be obvious
    4 years in the making, in means of how exactly it should look like.

4 years ago, my mum got diagnosed with cancer, and the months that followed with surgery, chemo and all turned into the hardest time ever of my life. Keeping everything together, the family, the stud, while driving to the hospital every single day, not knowing what would come up next... you never grow old enough to be ready for something like that. One day I was driving to the hospital again, feeling as down and desperate as never before in my life. I was lost. I felt I couldn't take it all anymore. That was when all of a sudden they played "Walk On" on the radio. For the first time, it seemed, I really listened to the song. It made sense to me, it said everything I felt at that moment. It shook me deeply and I stopped by the side of the road and I cried like a baby, I admit it. Since that day, "Walk On" has helped me through some other rough turns in my life that came up. It really saved me more than once. Last blow I took was a loss in early October of 2010, and the time for the tattoo had come. On November 12 I had it done. The date reads either 10-11-12 or 12-11-10, depending which format one uses. Both make sense. Things go upward, things go downward in life. Just.... walk on.
    And the celtic cross.... my faith in God in combination with my love for Ireland. It's a cross that once was a gift from a close friend. So there

5. Impressive story.

Impressive tattoo.

Congratulations with it.

I'm a tattoo lover myself, have been since my early teens. Tattooed my thumb when I was only 14 years old. That was 30 years ago. Posted my last one earlier in this thread, it's got a joshua tree in it. I've not had a single regret about any of the tattoos in my life.

I've already decided on my next one. And that's exactly what it's gonna be; ONE. Using the font that was used in the ONE video.
  6. Kirsten, i'm really really touched by your story!
    I'm not a big fan of tattoos, only when they actually mean something to you.
    And it definately is very meaningful in your case.
    Best wishes Kirsten!
  7. Hi, this is my U2 tattoo...my second tattoo and the first of U2

Another photo...here I´m drinking my favorite drink: Caipirinha I love it!! You can see my tattoo

8. Originally posted by MacStripey:my latest. the connection to U2 should be obvious
    4 years in the making, in means of how exactly it should look like.

4 years ago, my mum got diagnosed with cancer, and the months that followed with surgery, chemo and all turned into the hardest time ever of my life. Keeping everything together, the family, the stud, while driving to the hospital every single day, not knowing what would come up next... you never grow old enough to be ready for something like that. One day I was driving to the hospital again, feeling as down and desperate as never before in my life. I was lost. I felt I couldn't take it all anymore. That was when all of a sudden they played "Walk On" on the radio. For the first time, it seemed, I really listened to the song. It made sense to me, it said everything I felt at that moment. It shook me deeply and I stopped by the side of the road and I cried like a baby, I admit it. Since that day, "Walk On" has helped me through some other rough turns in my life that came up. It really saved me more than once. Last blow I took was a loss in early October of 2010, and the time for the tattoo had come. On November 12 I had it done. The date reads either 10-11-12 or 12-11-10, depending which format one uses. Both make sense. Things go upward, things go downward in life. Just.... walk on.
    And the celtic cross.... my faith in God in combination with my love for Ireland. It's a cross that once was a gift from a close friend. So there

[image]

Song of your life.

9. Here's my U2 tattoo. A smaller version of Tattoo Dan's.

10. Cool tattoos everybody

I don't know about other languages but in Russian the word 'Odin' (One) isn't really correct, it doesn't make sense in the context of a song when it's translated. It's just a number, it should be 'Odno' instead.
  11. Hi,

know it's been a while since this topic has been up but is about to get my own U2-tattoo and off course is trying to find inspiration.

Before I started looking around my general thoughts were theese (no kidding)

Down my lower arm

The Joshua Tree
    A lemon (don't know if it will be the one with the kart around it or an actual lemon)
    A babyface... '
    At the bottom "ONE <3"

And then I go find something almost exactly the same... ?!?

If anyone has ideas or comments please dont hesitate to say so...