1. Originally posted by Ali709I thought I was the only one who could talk dirty
    I LOVE R&H, the performances on that film are awesome, and compared to a recent DVD director of U2's, the direction of R&H is amazing!
    But just see some reviews of the time, some people hated that movie...it made the wrong points. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, I'm saying it got a very bad reception and it really hurt the band.

It's referring to "Yeah we know U2 go to America and make a movie about the blues. Big deal". But, it has an amazing direction and the politics in it are brilliant. Who doesn't like Where The Streets Have No Name, Bad, All I Want Is You, In God's Country, Helter Skelter, All Along The Watchtower...you get the point.

And I can talk dirty, but that was the most stupidest, most irrelevant comment I've ever heard - he really is a tool from stuff he's posted before. I'd like him to come back here and explain why he said that - on a family-friendly forum. That bullshit is reserved for MySpace. Could someone with Mod or Admin status talk to him and ask just what his problem is, and he faces a ban if it's said again.

Originally posted by easports43EDIT: Drew's right.

75% of the time.

Originally posted by molang7it was crazy, the show in Chicago was sold out, but people werent really into it. I dont know if i'd have less people and have them clapping and singing like me or half a full crowd sit and not even bop their heads to the music.

They certainly didn't look excited. When Beautiful Day, Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, One, Where The Streets Have No Name come on (from the set of DVDs from each night) the crowd went nuts but when the older stuff was played hardly anyone cared.
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

It's referring to "Yeah we know U2 go to America and make a movie about the blues. Big deal". But, it has an amazing direction and the politics in it are brilliant. Who doesn't like Where The Streets Have No Name, Bad, All I Want Is You, In God's Country, Helter Skelter, All Along The Watchtower...you get the point.

And I can talk dirty, but that was the most stupidest, most irrelevant comment I've ever heard - he really is a tool from stuff he's posted before. I'd like him to come back here and explain why he said that - on a family-friendly forum. That bullshit is reserved for MySpace. Could someone with Mod or Admin status talk to him and ask just what his problem is, and he faces a ban if it's said again.

[..]

75% of the time.

[..]

They certainly didn't look excited. When Beautiful Day, Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, One, Where The Streets Have No Name come on (from the set of DVDs from each night) the crowd went nuts but when the older stuff was played hardly anyone cared.

No, I meant at the u2 video in Chicago today. I was actually at that concert on May 10, 2005 (bono's bday.... yummy!) i was back row..... but toady at u2 3d, it didn't seem like anyone was really into it. of course i was going nuts and singing every lyric. for some reason i wanted to scream "Encore!!!" at the end.

3. I don't think there is gonna be a lot of excitement (with casual fans). Of course, fans like you and me would be shouting - I'd probably get kicked out for it. And you would sing every lyric - people just think it's another film and nothing else.
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins - people just think it's another film and nothing else.

Actually, that's what it is...
  5. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Actually, that's what it is...

But a 3D movie. It is just a movie and people say "Well, I can get the same experience on a DVD. It's a concert, that'll do".
  6. There is a number of adds in the Best Buy pullout in the Sunday paper in the U.S. showing the logo and where to see it. Best Buy is one of the sponsors. They are also doing a sale of U2 products in relation to the add.....
  7. Originally posted by jexpThere is a number of adds in the Best Buy pullout in the Sunday paper in the U.S. showing the logo and where to see it. Best Buy is one of the sponsors. They are also doing a sale of U2 products in relation to the add.....

just out of curiosity, what kind of things are they selling in relation to the movie?
  8. I would have to agree also on the no advertisement for this film!!

It's like "people don't know about it" !!!
    People that went to see Beowulf 3D, saw a preview for U23D.

It's strange though, because I saw the film on Friday the 25 in Tempe AZ and the theater was packed person to person, But The movie poster wasn't even displayed outside the theater !!

This is a great way to get to know U2!! I'm doing my part by telling as much people as I can about the movie!! If they are good friends I might even buy thier ticket!!!!
  9. Originally posted by roxriosI would have to agree also on the no advertisement for this film!!

It's like "people don't know about it" !!!
    People that went to see Beowulf 3D, saw a preview for U23D.

It's strange though, because I saw the film on Friday the 25 in Tempe AZ and the theater was packed person to person, But The movie poster wasn't even displayed outside the theater !!

This is a great way to get to know U2!! I'm doing my part by telling as much people as I can about the movie!! If they are good friends I might even buy thier ticket!!!!

HAHA thats what im doing i took friends 2 see it and they were into it
  10. Originally posted by Genaro92U2[..]

HAHA thats what im doing i took friends 2 see it and they were into it

Yup!!!
    That's the way to do it!!!

I'm even thinking of making fliers and becoming a street team in El Paso for the movie!

I have found out they are showing the movie here for one week on a regular movie screen compatible with 3D!!
    Just means I get to see it again and again for a week!!!
  11. Looks like the big marketing isn't even needed.

"Industry insiders described the success as "phenomenal". Receipt figures show an average of $15,508 (€10,495) was taken in per screen for U2's offering, compared to $7,188 (€4,864) per screen for the number one movie in the US at the moment, 'Meet the Spartans'. The number one film is showing at 2,605 screens"