1. I think his biggest mistake was taking his own and letting Meulensteen and the other assistant (forgot his name) go. Also getting Fellaini when it was clear they needed a creative player was a very stupid move imo.

The coach, whoever he may be, has got a hell of job. Like you say there are players who are going to retire or move, but also a lot off player who really aren't good enough imo. But that could just be me
    I think there needs to be a complete new team, if that's the plan United wants to follow maybe it would be a good choice to go with people who are hero's at Old Trafford, who can make mistakes and wont get fired.

But on the other hand a experience manager like Van Gaal is used to build a team and he won't be coach for long so could also maybe learn the next coach (Giggs, Scholes, Neville?) something.

I don't know how you feel about United, Tim. But I would sell Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher (Too long out), Nani, Anderson, Fellaini, Valencia and Van Persie.
    Could be quite a FM experience haha

United has always been one of my favourite clubs besides Ajax. But the last two year I lost touch with United, don't like their players and havent played really good anymore. Hopefully this is going to change now
  2. Absolutely it was a mistake letting Meulensteen, Phelan, and Steele go. Besides being top coaches, they had the experience of assisting Ferguson and knew the current players well. Fellaini did well for Everton but like Moyes, he seemed uncomfortable at United. He hasn't put in a single good performance and the joke is amongst fans that his best performance was the final three minutes against Bayern at Old Trafford when he shielded the ball in the corner (not a tactic I'm fond of though).

I think a major overhaul could damage the chances as much as not investing. It would be hard to get a brand new team firing straight away and a poor start would be difficult to recover. Our hand has been forced somewhat with Vidic leaving and strong rumours of his left and right hand men following. Büttner clearly isn't a direct replacement for Evra, despite his admirable performance against Bayern. He has cost us goals this season through a lack of focus in the offside trap. I like Evans, he showed last season that he can play well regularly. Jones shows promise but has yet to have a real chance to create a partnership at the back. Ferguson played him in midfield, and this season he's played a lot at right back. Rafael is the only natural right back we have (where's Varela?), so there's another position that needs to be strengthened. I'm not sure who we could sign at CB and RB, but Luke Shaw is the best option for Evra's replacement.

Since Fletcher came back, United have been better in midfield. I'm happier to see him line up with Carrick than Fellaini. But yes, he has missed a lot of football and still lacks that sharpness. Anderson is halfway out of the door. I like him but he's never been Man Utd quality. Nani and Young should be shown the door sooner rather than later, if we have to keep one, keep Nani. Valencia is a strange one, he's loved by United fans and quite well respected amongst pundits, but this forum, particularly Dutch members, don't rate him at all. I'd keep him because he's easily our best right winger.

Van Persie is a top striker, he'd get into pretty much any top European side but with United only playing the lone striker, does he still have a future here? I want him to stay of course, but only he or Rooney can play up front. If you go with RVP and drop Rooney in behind, you occupy Mata's preferred position. Rooney was favourite to be captain under Moyes next year, if that doesn't change, you can't leave him out. Perhaps the toughest call the new manager has to make is deciding what happens with the front four, assuming it remains a 4-2-3-1.

I do eel for Moyes, he's had a tough year and he may well be regretting his decision to leave a comfortable job at Everton. He's a good manager and should be back soon, I just hope his career doesn't suffer because of this season. He's worked hard to build his reputation before United. A lot of the criticism and ridicule has been unnecessary. I wish him well in his next job and I'm sure he'll get a warmer welcome at Old Trafford on his return than he got at Goodison Park on Sunday.
  3. I forgot Young and Buttner haha, also move them out.

I think Valencia is pretty good but not a real top player, Van Persie is over the hill imo. Has been injured all season and if I have to choose between Rooney and Van Persie, I would choose Rooney.

As for transfers in their are some good English talents on the market, right? Shaw, Clyne, Stones, Barkley, Lallana. Probably will cost a fortune but imo United needs some fresh players. Of course players outside of England are also an option.
  4. Man Utd are short on real top players anyway. I wouldn't even class Rooney as one if I'm honest. He's had some good games this season, but they've been amongst some very poor games. To his credit, he was the only one putting a shift in for Moyes against Everton. Valencia is a good player, more than capable of playing a key role in a title winning side. Fans appreciate his strength, pace and work rate. He also possesses decent defensive skills unlike Young and Nani. A bit predictable offensively, though it works against weaker sides, the top defenders can limit his input.

Yes, there are some really promising English players out there, not necessarily on the market, but probably willing to step up to United. Shaw and Lallana would be great and if we can send someone that way as part of the deal, even better. It's reported that Southampton would want a sizeable fee for Lallana though due to a sell-on clause. Selling players won't fund a new squad, Everton are reportedly after Cleverley for around £5m. We won't get much for Young. Hernandez is probably the player we could demand the most for, but I wouldn't want to see the little pea leave.

5. I loooooove him, already knew he was a gun from his Ajax days, but never thought Spurs would get the chance to sign him.

Feel bad taking Jan and Eriksen in back to back seasons.
  6. Haha you should feel bad The lose of Eriksen this season is huge.

I just spent another 90 minutes wasting my life while watching another club trying to break thru the 6 walls our pathetic Portugese friends has set up.
  7. Originally posted by bartajax:

I just spent another 90 minutes wasting my life while watching another club trying to break thru the 6 walls our pathetic Portugese friends has set up.

HAHAHAA

That s Mou ...they had a good result but anything could happen anyway
  8. I reckon Madrid will nick it at the Bridge.

9. Sure they had a good result but what was the last time a team coached by Mourinho played a match worth watching?

Its a style, which is succesfull but which I can't respect. Or I can respect it when a small club like Ajax or Anderlecht or something will play like that in Camp Nou/Old Trafford/Bernabeau. But when a team spends about 100 million each and every year I expect some football and not just a wall every game.

Tonight will be something else, looking forward to that game.

And Tim, if Van Gaal comes I think he might take someone like Strootman with him and will get rid of Rooney (not his kind of player)
  10. 0 points this round. Bravo Sergio

11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

hahaha

Club Brugge - Standard Liège ...............1
    Everton - Manchester United .................3
    Parma - Internazionale .........................1
    Barcelona - Athletic Club ......................3
    Beşiktaş - Fenerbahçe .........................2

Risky predictions! Let's hope...

You alert us ! i think your predictions were ok ... but i have 1 point
  12. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

Sure they had a good result but what was the last time a team coached by Mourinho played a match worth watching?

Its a style, which is succesfull but which I can't respect. Or I can respect it when a small club like Ajax or Anderlecht or something will play like that in Camp Nou/Old Trafford/Bernabeau. But when a team spends about 100 million each and every year I expect some football and not just a wall every game.

Tonight will be something else, looking forward to that game.

And Tim, if Van Gaal comes I think he might take someone like Strootman with him and will get rid of Rooney (not his kind of player)

Tonight match is very interesting ...far more than yesterdays

i love a coach who made great teams and won everything ...and Mou is one . Of course i prefer Guardiola s philosophy but this is football and i love when someone works good and in that group is Mou

of course that Mou generates the discucion between what do yuo prefer . Playing nice or wining . and that is a loooonnngggg discussion

btw ...where is Ronnie ?? is there a new tour with Bruce and Pearl Jam playing together on stage and it wasn t announce ???