1. Best studio song? SYCMIOYO* or Streets
    Worst studio song? Probably Mofo (think it's brilliant live though, when Bono's voice is on form), Miami or Playboy Mansion. Elvis Presley and America doesn't really fill me with inspiration either lol...

Best live song? New Year's Day or Streets. Think they're the pinnacle in epic stadium anthems (and I would just want to mention All I Want Is You, think that really comes alive when it's done in its entirety, everytime I hear live performances I get a shiver down my spine )
    Worst live song? If God Will Send His Angels during one of the Las Vegas performances - Bono's voice was so off colour it was painful (and I don't like earlier versions of 40 when Bono's voice is flat during the chorus lol, just so you all know!)...AND the Chicago DVD version of One, I wouldn't be so fussed about if Bono's guitar had JUST A BIT less distortion lol...

On other topics that have been covered, a) I think the best lead into Streets was Running To Stand Still á la ZooTV and b) I kinda like One with Mary J. Blige lol...

*runs to find cover*

*I don't think it's very good live though, I'm afraid, don't think it has the power that the album version gives it...
  2. Best studio: With or Without You. Will always be I guess.
    Worst Studio: Wild Honey

Best live: Wild Horses, full electric version from Stockholm 1992. This one changes fairly often though.
    Worst live: Pride
  3. Originally posted by feffutBest studio: With or Without You. Will always be I guess.
    Worst Studio: Wild Honey

Best live: Wild Horses, full electric version from Stockholm 1992. This one changes fairly often though.
    Worst live: Pride

I love Wild Horses, both studio and live (i.e. favourite song lol, but not necessarily their BEST), but I just think there are better live performances, and I know what you mean kinda about Pride live - well, at least I think I do...
  4. Originally posted by feffut

5. Originally posted by WojBhoyBest studio song? SYCMIOYO*
    *runs to find cover*

LOL! Why?

It's a top-notch song.

You're wrong about RTTS into Streets though. Good as it is (and it's very good), it's beaten by Please. Sorry, it just is. Maybe you have to have seen it live to really understand.
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

LOL! Why?

It's a top-notch song.

You're wrong about RTTS into Streets though. Good as it is (and it's very good), it's beaten by Please. Sorry, it just is. Maybe you have to have seen it live to really understand.

EDIT Just to note - the * I put by SYCMIOYO isn't meant for the *runs to find cover*, it's for the bit that says "I don't think it works well live...and here's why;

I love the song in itself, I just don't think it's got that same power when they do it live - half my problem is that Bono never quite hits the spot vocal wise and I don't think Edge's guitar sounds as good

And about Please vs. RTSS, I think you'll find you're in the wrong m'man

Or even, maybe we're just both right coming from our own point of view. I love Please as a song, and I do think it works well segueing into Streets (I've got PopMart DVD) BUT I do just think RTSS á la ZooTV is just so haunting and epic, and then all the synth. background with Bono's harmonica and then all the smoke etc...

I love it
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

I love Wild Horses, both studio and live (i.e. favourite song lol, but not necessarily their BEST), but I just think there are better live performances, and I know what you mean kinda about Pride live - well, at least I think I do...

Well, there are of course performances of Wild Horses which I haven't yet listened to, but Stockholm is the best one I've heard. Always liked it. Which one is your favourite?

And about Pride - well, it is a good song on the album and there are some good early performances, but most of them are awful if you ask me.
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoyBest studio song? SYCMIOYO* or Streets
    Worst studio song? Probably Mofo

Ahh, come on man

It's my favorite one! You gotta admit, that intro is just awesome... but everyone has a different opinion, I guess
    Worst studio is of course Ito Okashi, but you can't really count that one... then it would be Scarlet I think.
    Best live: pfff, too hard, I think Bad or maybe 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. The studio versions of both are nothing compared to live renditions.
    Worst live: A Celebration. Studio is ok, but live...
  9. Originally posted by feffut[..]

Well, there are of course performances of Wild Horses which I haven't yet listened to, but Stockholm is the best one I've heard. Always liked it. Which one is your favourite?

And about Pride - well, it is a good song on the album and there are some good early performances, but most of them are awful if you ask me.

I'm ready for Pride to be sent wherever songs go to die....
  10. Originally posted by feffut[..]

My favourite is the Stockholm version you mentioned, but I've come across a lot of versions, both acoustic and electric, from Vertigo shows e.g. Twickenham, Croke Park, Minneapolis (all 2005), and they're also good, but the Stockholm performance is the pinnacle for me.

2005-09-21 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center is a good acoustic version I'd recommend and just go on Youtube for others I'd say, there are some good ones.

Re. Pride, that's what I think - not necessarily awful, but I just feel it doesn't come alive. I like the ZooTV DVD performance ALTHOUGH I always cringe slightly when Bono's voice goes slightly out (whatever performance/song), although it's usually coming to the end of the main set when he's knackered lol.
  11. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

I can see two camps developing here. Please and anti-Please.
    Put me in the latter.

12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    And about Please vs. RTSS, I think you'll find you're in the wrong m'man

Or even, maybe we're just both right coming from our own point of view. I love Please as a song, and I do think it works well segueing into Streets (I've got PopMart DVD) BUT I do just think RTSS á la ZooTV is just so haunting and epic, and then all the synth. background with Bono's harmonica and then all the smoke etc...

I love it

Not the same as being there....

I'm torn a lot of the time, I must admit. But then I remember seeing Bono on his knees, eyes screwed shut; literally fucked with the energy of singing that song. Then it all going red.....