1. It's a great interview.

Along with the spirituality, I really like when he talks about the infamous "relevancy" and everything around it... I don't know why if he has been so clearly about it over and over and over again every time he's questioned about it, fans insist on them to sort of forget about it, and want them to be not-so-mainstream... they've always wanted to be mainstream, they've always been 100% open about it, and that's not changing any time soon.

And as we go ahead with this album, we are on the radio – it's amazing. I can't think of another artist in their fifties who is on the radio. On mainstream radio. Can you think of any?

You know that song Bruce wrote, [2007's] "Girls in Their Summer Clothes"? I heard that song and said, "This song should be on the radio, why is that not all over the radio?" I spoke to somebody recently, a Bruce fan, and I said, "Do you know this song? It is the most insightful song about aging. It is a song of experience, actually." And they said, "No, I don't know that." So these songs, they can slip through the cracks of culture.

That's why U2 go after selling our wares the same way we did for our first album.
    I would like it [SOE] to have famous songs, so that when we play them in our live show people don't go, "What is that? Should we go to the bathroom now?"
  2. Oh I see. So it’ll be a “Build it Yourself” kit kinda thing. You get each frame and then have to put them in order.
  3. Bono's getting criticism for this "I think music has gotten very girly. And there are some good things about that, but hip-hop is the only place for young male anger at the moment – and that’s not good."

4. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Bono's getting criticism for this "I think music has gotten very girly. And there are some good things about that, but hip-hop is the only place for young male anger at the moment – and that’s not good."

Well, let's say his choice of words wasn't the best