1. Some of my favorite authors are
    Robert Fulghum (Everything I Needed To Know I Learned In Kindergarten)
    David Sidaris
    John Steinbeck (OMAM and Grapes especially)
    Douglas Adams (anyone ever read Last Chance To See, a non-fiction about endangered species)
    Roddy Doyle (I'm reading Paddy Clarke Hahaha right now)
    Kurt Vonnegut
    William Shakespeare

I know there are others. I'll come back to this!

2. Have you read the Hitchhikers series???
  3. I haven't read much (and most dutch books), but:
    - Harry Potter (great, great, great)
    - In Cold Blood (not sure about writer, was about a murder)
    - Animal Farm
    - The Catcher In The Rye
    and a few I can't remember...
  4. U2 by U2, absolute winner

Seriously, since I was a small childI read EVERYTHING that falls in my hands. Newspapers, magazines, of course books (tons of #)... I read way too much, therefore I have an enormous myopia (over 3.5 dioptres right now ). I love reading

5. Truman Capote wrote it. It was the basis of the movie that Phillip Seymour Hoffman won the oscar for playing Capote. There was another movie that came out soon after about it too.
  6. I'm reading alot of Travel books now, especially Michael Palin, I'm half way through "Pole to Pole" now.
  7. am currently reading stephen king's the girl who loved tom gordon. need something light while on my way to work
  8. I'm into Tom Clancy. Currently reading Without Remorse. The greatest book ever written about revenge.
  9. Originally posted by notcomingdown:[..]

Truman Capote wrote it. It was the basis of the movie that Phillip Seymour Hoffman won the oscar for playing Capote. There was another movie that came out soon after about it too.

Ah, thanks mate!
    Great book too, how he describes the death body's is terrifying realistic...
  10. started reading All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque yesterday. great book

anyone heard of Earth Abides by George R. Stewart? my aunt from NY sent me this for Christmas, haven't read it yet
  11. SPOILER FREE PLEASE

Has anybody read the 'His Dark Materials' books?
    I'm on book two, 'The Subtle Knife' and its an absolute masterwork.