1. Shows announced for Dublin and Belfast. £60-£62 before fees. Ticket prices are getting wild these days. I'll probably skip.
  2. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Before Somebody Told Me, Brandon said : "You only play the John Peel stage twice in your career, once on the way up and once on the way down, it's great to be back."
    End of The Killers confirmed?

The comment might not mean they are going to be done any time soon, but it most likely means they have passed the point that Brandon feels is the peak of their career. Given how Battle Born was not nearly as well received as the previous Day and Age, and the general nature of The Killers as a band, it's not surprising for Brandon to see things in this way.

Also, people thought Just Another Girl was their farewell song given the nostalgic nature of the music video yet here they are. I still think they have a few tricks up their sleeve. They clearly still have the ability to deliver an amazing stage performance, so you may see them trolling around festivals and small venues. This group has the talent to push themselves really far, but as a group they may not have the ambition for it.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Weird that they're not playing any other new songs other than The Man. I mean, they must have others right?

But yeah that setlist is insane, Harry. Jealous.

I would guess they were holding fire on any other stuff 'til the album comes out.

British Summertime's like a series of day festivals over here (e.g. Tom Petty was headlining on the Sunday), so I'd imagine they wanted to catering to as wide an audience as possible, so they packed it to the brim with the big hits.

That said, they took to Twitter to ask whether to play River or Indie Rock & Roll, and it would appear River won - and dare I say it, I much prefer River. I think I might be in a minority who aren't all that fussed on Indie...

But yeah, either way, it was incredible.

Originally posted by germcevoy:Shows announced for Dublin and Belfast. £60-£62 before fees. Ticket prices are getting wild these days. I'll probably skip.

Ouch - I guess the London shows are going to be about the same. I wish they'd at least wait until I get paid...
    Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

The comment might not mean they are going to be done any time soon, but it most likely means they have passed the point that Brandon feels is the peak of their career. Given how Battle Born was not nearly as well received as the previous Day and Age, and the general nature of The Killers as a band, it's not surprising for Brandon to see things in this way.

Also, people thought Just Another Girl was their farewell song given the nostalgic nature of the music video yet here they are. I still think they have a few tricks up their sleeve. They clearly still have the ability to deliver an amazing stage performance, so you may see them trolling around festivals and small venues. This group has the talent to push themselves really far, but as a group they may not have the ambition for it.

I think you might be on to something, especially with Brandon and Mark doing their own solo thing. I was also taken aback when Mark didn't appear to play bass - but then I found out he basically quit touring last year save the odd gig (e.g. Glastonbury), so they had Jake Branton filling in on Sunday night. Maybe another hint? If it is heading for the last hurrah, am glad I finally got to see them when I did in such amazing form.
  4. "Flowers brushes off questions about hanging out with Bono and how often he and the rock legend chat. He’s more interested in gushing over U2’s current stadium show and recounting how he was blown away when he first saw the band perform in Las Vegas in 2001. At that point, Flowers had just turned 20. He had no idea his group would be opening for U2 within four years..."

that would have been so amazing for him
  5. Cant wait for the new album, hope its just as good as the previous albums (exept Battle Born )
  6. It took me a while to warm to Battle Born, but I really like it now - much better OVERALL than Day and Age. I'm excited for the new record. If The Man is a good gauge of total quality, this one will be much better than the previous two. As it stands now, The Man has already become one of my favourite Killers songs.
  7. Nothing wrong with Battle Born
  8. Battle Born is great!

Gutted i missed out on tickets for Glasgow! Still haven't seen them yet!

9. last song better not mean that they're done now