1. Fun stuff...

Andy from ProGuitarShop.com always does some cool video lessons. He's done a few U2 lessons. And in this case, "Zooropa".

Have a look.

Ciao 4 now.
    Jeffrey
  2. What an obscure song for Andy to do. Have always respected the guy and if possible this makes it tenfold!
  3. I'm in school. Now I want to go home and play Zooropa, dammit.
  4. That's just...beautiful.
  5. Bump for Ali Welcome to U2start's guitar community.
  6. Thanks a lot Sergio
    Too soon for the info in here I guess, but I'll keep an eye on it!
  7. I'm going to try that this weekend!
    nice video lesson!
  8. Assuming the main riff in "Invisible" (ie: the sound at the beginning that ha the same melody as 'there is no them/only us") is The Edge on guitar, how would you go about achieving that sound?

I'm thinking a pretty heavy reliance on reverb, possibly a really wide, open setting like arena or perhaps even hall, dialed down to keep it pretty "compact" and not too vast.

Add to that maybe the fuzz factory? I was thinking this morning while listening that it reminded me a little bit of the siren sound that Edge used on Vertigo during the 360 Tour. Obviously much more controlled, but there's definitely some light fuzz on that line.

Do we think he's picking it, using an e-bow, or just has a nice comp/sustain on it?

I love picking this line apart because it's a great lead sound and I want to be able to achieve it - to play Invisible and even use it in my own writing.
  9. Relistening- reverb isn't as deep as I remembered.
  10. I agree it's a pretty cool sound. It sounds like it doesn't take up that much of the frequency spectrum, so it could have some filters on it, but that could also just come from some fuzz.

It's a pretty great sound. Maybe I'll try to see if I can do anything with my Pod HD500X later.
  11. If you use a Big Muff and put your level at about 10oclock, tone at 2 or 3, you could probably mess with the sustain enough to get that sound...wish I had my board with me.
  12. Well, I don't have a Muff but there's a modeled one in the Pod. I shall see what I can do later on.