1. Also, could you link me to more Edge-centric websites?
  2. Good to be back, Serj.

Can I ask you guys what your favorite pickup is?
  3. Oh, Christ, Serj. Why p-90’s. They’re the antithesis of the U2 sound.
  4. You asked for a general favorite pick up didn't you? If you ask for specific U2 favorite pup... Then I'd say DiMarzio FS-1 I think. The Edge has/had one in the bridge position of his black Strat and from what my ears can tell it's the best Edge sounding single coil around.
  5. It's worth sharing here as well I guess:

6. My goal right now is to make a complete sound from digital amps. The secret is third/fourth order harmonics.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:You asked for a general favorite pick up didn't you? If you ask for specific U2 favorite pup... Then I'd say DiMarzio FS-1 I think. The Edge has/had one in the bridge position of his black Strat and from what my ears can tell it's the best Edge sounding single coil around.

The Kinman Woodstocks that Michael on U2guitartutorials uses seem pretty great. From what I've heard/read, Edge didn't use the FS-1 for that long and it's not really that great for that classic Strat quack tone.
  8. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]

The Kinman Woodstocks that Michael on U2guitartutorials uses seem pretty great. From what I've heard/read, Edge didn't use the FS-1 for that long and it's not really that great for that classic Strat quack tone.

That’s because it functions like a a one coil Humbucker.

I believe hte used it, or something like it, on Ultraviolet 360
  9. BONO & THE EDGE JOIN FENDER GUITARS' BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Bono and The Edge have some new responsbilities: They've both joined the Board of Directors of Fender Guitars. The New York Times reports this statement from The Edge about their appointment:

"I believe that guitars are here to stay and, far from digital technology being their death knell, I think it throws up some new ways to power creativity and give people greater access to the huge potential of the electric guitar," the Edge wrote in an email from the studio where the band is recording its next album.

In Billboard, Edge shares this quote:

This is "something of a kid in a candy store situation for me," comments The Edge in a statement. "I've been a fan of Fender guitars from the beginning, playing them on all the most important U2 tours and albums. But I'm most interested in working with the Fender design team on some new ideas."

The Times also reports that Edge will still use guitars and equipment from other brands, too, and won't be required to be an all-Fender guitarist.