1. Dammit, we're all gonna have to buy awesome new Fender 'The Edge' guitars.
  2. I doubt this will lead to a signature though. I think it's against Edge's nature to make one. That being said, if he ever does...
  3. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:BONO & THE EDGE JOIN FENDER GUITARS' BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The Times also reports that Edge will still use guitars and equipment from other brands, too, and won't be required to be an all-Fender guitarist.

First of all, Bono only knows two chords.

Second of all, duh...

Edge does more switches than any other touring guitarist in the world in a U2 setlist. It would be hell for him to be consigned for fenders as they only make (at most) one third of what’s used on a night (varying on a setlist).

That said, I would adore seeing him make a guitar and would certainly purchase it as long as he put his money where his mouth is and used it playing live.
  4. You can play 2 chords on Fenders too, huh?

5. I don't think he'll be making a signature Strat like his black one or something anytime soon. I do however think we may get some brand new models he's helped in designing. Also remember that for example Gretsch is owned by Fender.

6. Are you serious?! I didn't know that

I don't think there will be an Edge signature Fender yet, maybe when he/they retire they'll do it but not for the moment.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Are you serious?! I didn't know that

I don't think there will be an Edge signature Fender yet, maybe when he/they retire they'll do it but not for the moment.

This is from Wikipedia:

"In recent years, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation has branched out into making and selling steel-string acoustic guitars, and has purchased a number of other instrument firms, including the Guild Guitar Company, the Sunn Amplifier Company, and other brands such as SWR Sound Corporation. In early 2003, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation made a deal with Gretsch and began manufacturing and distributing new Gretsch guitars. Fender also owns: Jackson, Charvel, Olympia, Orpheum, Tacoma Guitars (based in Seattle, WA), Squier and Brand X amps. In addition, Fender has recently purchased Kaman Music Corporation, which owns Ovation guitar, LP and Toca hand percussion products, Gibraltar Hardware, Genz Benz Amplification, Hamer Guitars and is the exclusive U.S. sales representative for Sabian Cymbals and exclusive worldwide distributor of Takamine Guitars and Gretsch Drums."
  8. I'd rather see a signature Explorer anyway
  9. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]

This is from Wikipedia:

"In recent years, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation has branched out into making and selling steel-string acoustic guitars, and has purchased a number of other instrument firms, including the Guild Guitar Company, the Sunn Amplifier Company, and other brands such as SWR Sound Corporation. In early 2003, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation made a deal with Gretsch and began manufacturing and distributing new Gretsch guitars. Fender also owns: Jackson, Charvel, Olympia, Orpheum, Tacoma Guitars (based in Seattle, WA), Squier and Brand X amps. In addition, Fender has recently purchased Kaman Music Corporation, which owns Ovation guitar, LP and Toca hand percussion products, Gibraltar Hardware, Genz Benz Amplification, Hamer Guitars and is the exclusive U.S. sales representative for Sabian Cymbals and exclusive worldwide distributor of Takamine Guitars and Gretsch Drums."

Thanks again

+1 Alex. The Explorer is Edge's most recognisable guitar so it's the one that should be made available as signature. I can definitely see it happening.
  10. New addition...

2002 MIM Standard Stratocaster. Seems to have been modded. I don't remember a black on black Fender Strat being an option for a while -- Other than in the Squier family.

I walked into Guitar Center. They had it on the wall. Used. $199.99

How could one turn down a decent Strat for $200.00? One can't!

Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/anstratdubh1979/IMG_1683_zpsbc54e2bf.jpg[/IMG]'

Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/anstratdubh1979/IMG_1682_zpsf875a8e4.jpg[/IMG]'
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:New addition...

2002 MIM Standard Stratocaster. Seems to have been modded. I don't remember a black on black Fender Strat being an option for a while -- Other than in the Squier family.

I walked into Guitar Center. They had it on the wall. Used. $199.99

How could one turn down a decent Strat for $200.00? One can't!

[image]

[image]

You just can't Congrats Jeff, great addition! How does it sound and feels like?
  12. Need some help. Can somebody identify this guitar's brand? Thanks