1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Zoom's USB interfacing (does that word exist, lol?) is awesome. Highly recommended for amateurs like us who like to play over backing tracks or recording ourselves without much hassle. Just plug it to the computer and hit "REC" - way to go.

Do you own one of these Sergio? What's the included audio recording software like?

2. I own this one:

http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g2nu

Much cheaper than the ones you're looking for, but the same easy-to-use interface. There is a dedicated digital modulating+recording software but I don't use it. I just plug the USB into the computer so everything (computer sounds + guitar) plays through the "Output" socket of the pedal. No latency, no noises or weird wiring. Just plug and play. Another up is that the USB connection provides its own power so you don't have to plug the pedal to an electric socket while using it with the computer (less cables = less hassle) - I don't know if that works with the G5 too, though.

PS. Thanks for the correction Kieran
  3. looks like I'll go with the zoom G5, thanks for the suggestion Sergio

local music store has it for $350 as they are having 20% off at the moment.
  4. Sounds a great deal Did you ask them about the recording software and stuff?
  5. I don't know if I told you or not, but my gf gave me an acoustic mandoline as last present some time ago, and after a few months of learning I think I'm gonna cover some U2 song. Suggestions? I was thinking of Red Hill Mining Town or Stay.

6. Maybe you can try Mothers Of The Disappeared, as Edge played it with a charango in the Vertigo Tour. I don't know how that translates to the mandoline.
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Maybe you can try Mothers Of The Disappeared, as Edge played it with a charango in the 360 Tour. I don't know how that translates to the mandoline.

It's a little bit too sad for me, it brings strong memories and I don't know if I would make justice to its beauty. But thanks for the suggestion, I will rehearse it and see if it works
  8. If a song requires the guitar to be tuned half a step down eg AIWIY, does the bass need to be tuned down half a step too? I'm guessing yes, but I know fook all about bass guitar.
  9. Originally posted by Andrew_C:If a song requires the guitar to be tuned half a step down eg AIWIY, does the bass need to be tuned down half a step too? I'm guessing yes, but I know fook all about bass guitar.

It's not mandatory but I would strongly recommend it, specially if you're playing reading tabs and not by ear (if a tab says fret 4 and you're not tuned down, you'll actually play a note higher than it should).
  10. I'd recommend it too, it's just a bit of a hassle to translate between the instruments all the time.
  11. Tokai 335 with P-RAIL pickups?

Or an Agile AS-3100?

Both of the are excellent quality guitars at a cheaper price.