1. We are always trying to improve ourselves, that's why we are currently busy behind the screens developing U2start 2.9, which will expect to see daylight next month. What can you expect? A few really nice new features and improvements all over the site. Stay tuned.

Besides this development we are also busy improving our bootleg collection, we want to keep our title of most popular and reliable U2 bootleg resource on the internet. As you might have noticed we are labelling hundreds of bootlegs with taper, source and lineage information so you can not only easily find what you are looking for, but also know what you found in the end. We also add a lot of new sources each week. The last few weeks we are also experimenting with new upload services, Rapidshare might be the perfect solution for a lot of us, but for a few it's not always that perfect.

That's why, as a test, the 25 most downloaded bootlegs are now also available on upload service Mediafire which has proven itself to be a stable party for sharing files over the last year. With Mediafire you can download an unlimited amount of files, for free. You can start downloading the following bootlegs also from Mediafire, as from today:

2006-12-09 - Honolulu, Hawaii
    2006-12-04 - Saitama, Japan
    1993-08-28 - Dublin, Ireland
    2005-06-18 - London, England
    2006-03-02 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

1987-11-07 - Denver, Colorado
    2006-11-11 - Sydney, Australia
    2006-02-20 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    1992-08-16 - Washington, District of Columbia
    2001-10-25 - New York, New York

1983-06-05 - Denver, Colorado
    1989-12-31 - Dublin, Ireland
    1997-09-23 - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    1987-06-12 - London, England
    2006-11-18 - Melbourne, Australia

1989-12-26 - Dublin, Ireland
    2001-05-16 - Chicago, Illinois
    2001-12-02 - Miami, Florida
    1993-11-27 - Sydney, Australia
    1997-04-25 - Las Vegas, Nevada

1992-06-11 - Stockholm, Sweden
    1987-11-18 - Los Angeles, California
    1997-08-28 - Leeds, England
    1997-12-03 - Mexico City, Mexico
    2006-11-29 - Saitama, Japan

We like to hear your opinion on this, and maybe you have some other ideas on how we can improve the sharing of bootlegs that you like to share with is. We are thinking about it a lot in the crew, options like our own FTP-server (for a small amount of fee) or even creating our own Torrent service could be options in the future. Off course on top of the services we already provide.

How can you help us?
    a) Tell us what you think of Mediafire or other upload services, suggestions, complaints, compliments, they are welcome.
    b) Mediafire has a really slow upload, for me 20% of the Rapidshare upload, uploading files can take a very long time. You can help us by uploading our own bootlegs to Mediafire and sharing the download URL's with us. The more places bootlegs are available, the better!

You want to help with point b? Check this thread:
    http://www.u2start.com/topic/4175/

Thanks for visiting U2start and being a member.

The crew
  2. Originally posted by Remy

[..]

Sounds good Remy! Keep up the good work mate

(PS - anything that's free and isn't from RS is fine by me! )
  3. Originally posted by Remy
    b) Mediafire has a really slow upload, for me 20% of the Rapidshare upload, uploading files can take a very long time.

The crew

slow downloads as well,
    started downloading the first file of the 2006-12-09 Hawaii gig..

time remaining:
    5 hours 30 minutes
    at 6 kbps

any thoughts?
  4. Sounds great Remy! MU is way better than Rapidshare and I'm willing to help with uploading bootlegs to MU...I don't have any bootlegs on my computer (deleting them after listening )
    but if you tell which one I should/could upload I would like to do that!
  5. Originally posted by markp91Sounds great Remy! MU is way better than Rapidshare and I'm willing to help with uploading bootlegs to MU...I don't have any bootlegs on my computer (deleting them after listening )
    but if you tell which one I should/could upload I would like to do that!

I second that, I'd be happy to upload stuff to MU because it's so much better than RS, the sooner we can be shot of the latter the better

@ Steve, just remember the good stuff that'll come out of DLing from Mediafire, never mind about the extended time period
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    @ Steve, just remember the good stuff that'll come out of DLing from Mediafire, never mind about the extended time period

true.... but I've got an RS pass. I came up with something of an idea:

MU for more bootlegs, I'll help with the uploads. Lots of folks dislike waiting for RS links.

RS links kept..... its quick and easy, especially for those who have paid for passes. While some people can't really use this option, I'd be glad to help others to see if they can. Maybe a help hotline.... (send me a PM to help ya thing)

Mediafire is alright.... maybe we can use this too, in case people can't use MU.

Also, song samples from each show. People getting the opportunity to hear what theyre downloading, before possibly waiting for a huge download to finish. We have the star system which is awesome, but this well also help people determine what they want to download.

Any thoughts?
  7. I thought you'd given it a go because of the Denver 87 show. Well done Remy!

I can get a few uploaded for you. If I do should I send you a PM, Remy, or just put it in the Upgrades / Additions topic? And I would be more than happy to do an FTP server thing per month - that way, I can download some of the show (maybe five songs) and do the rest some other time.
  8. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

MU for more bootlegs, I'll help with the uploads. Lots of folks dislike waiting for RS links.

RS links kept..... its quick and easy, especially for those who have paid for passes. While some people can't really use this option, I'd be glad to help others to see if they can. Maybe a help hotline.... (send me a PM to help ya thing)

Mediafire is alright.... maybe we can use this too, in case people can't use MU.

Also, song samples from each show. People getting the opportunity to hear what theyre downloading, before possibly waiting for a huge download to finish. We have the star system which is awesome, but this well also help people determine what they want to download.

Any thoughts?

The song samples are an idea, I'll agree with that

On a personal note, I'm not really too fussed about the uploads because I'm happy to work my way around using the Free options whenever they're available
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    The song samples are an idea, I'll agree with that

On a personal note, I'm not really too fussed about the uploads because I'm happy to work my way around using the Free options whenever they're available

i like the idea of sample too , i think that mediafire is good choice , and i dont know , i download there with my full download speed
  10. Originally posted by stj0691:[..]

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your feedback, as for the preview stuff, it's a good one, will see what's possible in the future. I also can tell you that there will be more on the new U2start to determine if anything is good or not, I cannot tell you more at this point
  11. Oh and to all the guys who are willing to upload, thanks! I will create a new topic in the upgrades/additions forum in a minute, check that out if you are interested.

edit: here it is:
    http://www.u2start.com/topic/4175/130531/
  12. mediafire sounds awesome.

I'll give it a go tomorrow.