1. Originally posted by germcevoy:All the Irish hated Bono from way before the whole tax shenanigans. Bono dislike isn't based on anything more than hating his sunglasses and a dislike of being preached to. Bono is am Irish man that purposely outs himself out there at every opportunity and that puts a lot of people off him.

Actually question their dislike of Bono and the band and hit them with a few counters and their arguments soon fall apart.
    In Canada we had something called "tall poppy syndrome" where everyone loves an artist until they get jettisoned into international superstardom, then it becomes cool to bash on them just because. Don't know how this factors in Ireland.
  2. Originally posted by allad1nsane:[..]
    In Canada we had something called "tall poppy syndrome" where everyone loves an artist until they get jettisoned into international superstardom, then it becomes cool to bash on them just because. Don't know how this factors in Ireland.
    Yep. Over here it's called "hoge bomen vangen veel wind", which translates to "tall trees take a lot of wind", so I guess it's universal.

3. So last night we organized an 'Angels and Demons' party in my city. Thought I'd attend the party in style. What a night, what a show
  4. Haha, that is awesome!

5. Awesome!
  6. Yay !!
  7. Jochem you win this thread probably
  8. Amsterdam last year