1. Do any of the other FM players here seem to lose every single game away from home?

2. I'm going to buy a PS4 in one month , with Uncharted 4
  3. Is there a U2start steam group?
  4. Wow, up to Civ VI these days? I haven't played Civilization since Civ I and II came out back in 1850 something, well 1990 ish or something I suppose. A whole weekend could easily slip away in the blink of an eye playing it, fiercely addictive and great replayability, are the more recent versions the same??
  5. I've kind of lost the last 2 decades of my gaming life to MMO's (started out with Ultima Online then EverQuest, DAoC, EQ2, bit of LOTRO and WildStar). EQ2 is the one thats held my attention the longest, still playing nearly 12 years later.

They're great fun and good for escapism, but crikey they don't half have a habit of eating up your life if you let them, definitely a drug of sorts for many. So I'm slowly weening myself off MMO's a bit at least.

Messed around with Landmark a bit this last couple of years too. Its fun but a long way from where it ought to be, has excellent potential though.

I'm half avoiding upgrading my PC anytime soon as I'd end up losing myself in all these good looking MMO's, Black Desert Online, Archeage and whatnot, we've come a long way from the days of the Atari 2600 and Pac Man etc that I started out with and grew up on.

Even with all the new-fangled shiney stuff of today, my favourite game is still an Atari 8-bit classic from 1985 - 'Alternate Reality - The City...'

Intro sequence...

Gameplay...

It was quite state-of-the-art back then, and still has a cult following to this day. The creator ended up going to work on the Stealth Bomber I believe, and it is reportedly the influence for The Matrix.

Ancient I know but one I still hold a candle to all these years later.
  6. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Wow, up to Civ VI these days? I haven't played Civilization since Civ I and II came out back in 1850 something, well 1990 ish or something I suppose. A whole weekend could easily slip away in the blink of an eye playing it, fiercely addictive and great replayability, are the more recent versions the same??
    The Civ series is incredible. I love it. Very, very addictive. I guess the same theme has been consistent all the way through the series, i.e build your civilization. There have been some changes. They changed from square tiles to hexagon tiles for Civ V for example. Civ V Brave New World has probably the best intro to a game that I've ever seen too.

7. So, who is going to make a U2Start steam group?
  8. Added!

If anyone else has Steam, feel free to join the group!