1. I still play Battlefront on a near-daily basis with my best buddy. We're both huge Star Wars nerds so we can overlook some of the shortcomings that other people have noted with it, but it's still an awesome and fun game. The new Bespin DLC is wicked awesome too!
  2. Civ 6 sounds really good just not a fan of the look of it to be honest. They should've just kept the models of the leaders from Civ 5.

3. Anyone here got the "Pokemon Go" fever?
    As a fan since 1998 of the original games, I'm glad everyone's talking about Pokemon again...
    But I'm not a fan of people carelessly walking crowded streets without looking or going to shady places at night for a damn Pikachu.
  4. It's a very interesting game concept but people, just as usually, are fucking it up with lack of care and respect.

never been a fan of Pokemon. Never played it while my friends were raving about it when we were 8-10 years old.
  5. I'm the biggest cheapskate you'll ever meet so I have no smartphone to play Pokemon GO on. I am very tempted to upgrade however...

Two of my brothers are playing and they seem to like it a lot, despite one not even being a Pokemon fan. I've been walking a lot this and last summer, it would be interesting to see where this game could take me if I played it so I'll just see...
  6. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:I'm the biggest cheapskate you'll ever meet so I have no smartphone to play Pokemon GO on. I am very tempted to upgrade however...

Two of my brothers are playing and they seem to like it a lot, despite one not even being a Pokemon fan. I've been walking a lot this and last summer, it would be interesting to see where this game could take me if I played it so I'll just see...
    I hope it doesn't take you to be ran over or something I'm counting the days until the first news of serious Pok Go-related accidents surface.
  7. Well, it has happened here. All of a sudden, from one day to the other, the canal where I take a walk with my dog:

became a Pokemon Center or something like that because now there are dozens of people doing nothing, just blocking the way with their cellphones. People riding a bike with one hand and capturing Pokemon with the other. As you can see, it's a narrow path. It's a matter of time until people fall to the water or injure one of the many ducks that are in the way.
    Now I love Pokemon more than most of that people, but this is ridiculous. It looks like the Walking Dead there. This was supposed to get people active, but they don't do anything, just block the way. Funny thing, most of these people (from all ages) didn't know anything about Pokemon until yesterday.
  8. What a mess

Pokemon were SUPER popular here between... hmmm 1998 and 2005 maybe. Evreyone knows about them now and knew back then. Wasn't it like that over there?
  9. Yeah, it was popular. The anime was also popular. But most kids that didn't play the Blue/Red games only knew Pikachu from the toys. Many people watched the anime, but not so many played the game, which is rather deep and long for 10 year olds. Some of the kids I saw today weren't even born in 1998.
    I saw young people and old people. Which is great, just look where you're going, let the other people walk and don't do anything stupid like fall into the water or being mugged due to reckless playing.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I hope it doesn't take you to be ran over or something I'm counting the days until the first news of serious Pok Go-related accidents surface.
    If a double decker bus crashes into me, to die by pikachu's side would be a heavenly way to die
    But seriously, this game does seem to be a hazard to some. Luckily, the population density isn't too big in my town. I think I could go on some of the paths around here where there isn't much interactions with traffic and still get a healthy amount to pokemon caught. Well, even my place of work has both a pokestop and gym so I could even play on the job on some of the lighter days, haha.
  11. Downloaded the game yesterday, I'm not a big fan of pokemon, but this idea seems really cool. Let's see where it takes me....

12. Nintendo is really taking advantage of the nostalgia factor in gamers and now they announced a mini-NES console with 30 games just for $60.
    Very tempted to buy this. If it were the SNES console, it'd buy it in a heartbeat.