1. The change from Pop to All That You Can't Leave Behind was surprising and exhilarating to me at the time. I had heard portions of "Beautiful Day" a little while before the album release and liked what I heard, but when the actual album came out, I was pretty much blown away. I will never forget the way I felt when I first heard the opening chimes from Edge on "Walk On." On a gut-level, I immediately thought of the U2 sound of the 80's, how much I had missed that sound (even though I loved and still love AB) and how I didn't really think I would ever hear it again. Then the Elevation tour came. I loved the smaller stage, lack of costumes and how the new songs flowed so easily with the 80's songs and the AB songs. That was just a great time to be a U2 fan!
  2. I suppose with the change from the JT to R&H then AB I'm talking about u2 creating a new sound for themselves altogether whereas ATYCLB had classic u2 elements in it AB just completely broke into new territory. In terms of a change in sound from album to album though pop to ATYCLB definitely had that. I'm in favour of that change because ATYCLB is one of my favourite albums and it really put them back in the spotlight, but I appreciate pop too. Achtung Baby though tops them all for me.
  3. Daniel Lanois:
    (...) "Achtung Baby" (1991). Por sus "sonidos nuevos y frescos", confiesa que este es su álbum preferido de cuantos ha hecho con los irlandeses y apuesta por que en 2021, al cumplirse tres décadas de su lanzamiento, habrá otra gira conmemorativa de U2.

Thanks to its "new and fresh" sounds, he admits Achtung Baby is his favourite work with U2 and he puts his money on a commemorative tour of the album when it turns 30 in 2021.

Spanish interview:
    http://www.eldiario.es/cultura/Daniel-Lanois-The-Joshua-Tree_0_626437676.html
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Daniel Lanois:
    (...) "Achtung Baby" (1991). Por sus "sonidos nuevos y frescos", confiesa que este es su álbum preferido de cuantos ha hecho con los irlandeses y apuesta por que en 2021, al cumplirse tres décadas de su lanzamiento, habrá otra gira conmemorativa de U2.

Thanks to its "new and fresh" sounds, he admits Achtung Baby is his favourite work with U2 and he puts his money on a commemorative tour of the album when it turns 30 in 2021.

Spanish interview:
    http://www.eldiario.es/cultura/Daniel-Lanois-The-Joshua-Tree_0_626437676.html
    Eugh, give me a break
  5. That achtung baby tour was called the last leg of 360...been there done that
  6. They only played half the album on the 360 tour, leaving out some great tracks ( zoo station, love is blindness, acrobat, so cruel, wgrywh and tttyaatw) I'm all for the achtung baby anniversary tour, I'll be saving money for it just in case.
  7. ''Relevant''
  8. Forgive me, has Interference shut down or something? I see a lot of similar attitudes here. I think people need to accept that U2 aren't going to be relevant anymore, even if Bono still bashes on about it (which he hasn't recently). They've only got a decade left in them if they're lucky, just accept it.

And I'm all for an Achtung Baby tour. Why wouldn't I want to see my favourite album live?
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:Forgive me, has Interference shut down or something? I see a lot of similar attitudes here. I think people need to accept that U2 aren't going to be relevant anymore, even if Bono still bashes on about it (which he hasn't recently). They've only got a decade left in them if they're lucky, just accept it.

And I'm all for an Achtung Baby tour. Why wouldn't I want to see my favourite album live?
    And the cash cow sez "Moooooo!"

More power to them for it. Personally, I like the "Album Tour" concept. As long as they don't start replacing going out on tour with Vegas residencies, I'll be all in. Except for the ridiculously priced re-reissue packages.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:Forgive me, has Interference shut down or something? I see a lot of similar attitudes here. I think people need to accept that U2 aren't going to be relevant anymore, even if Bono still bashes on about it (which he hasn't recently). They've only got a decade left in them if they're lucky, just accept it.

Exactly, I've said it before u2 have maybe 3 albums left at most that's including SOE, these tours are bonuses that are filling the gaps between albums if we didn't have these shows to look forward to we'd just be moaning about album delays, I think u2 are at a point though where they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  11. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    And the cash cow sez "Moooooo!"

More power to them for it. Personally, I like the "Album Tour" concept. As long as they don't start replacing going out on tour with Vegas residencies, I'll be all in. Except for the ridiculously priced re-reissue packages.
    I'm due for a trip to Vegas...They now have the NHL....looks like the NFL....why not a U2 show?
  12. Originally posted by KieranU2:Forgive me, has Interference shut down or something? I see a lot of similar attitudes here. I think people need to accept that U2 aren't going to be relevant anymore, even if Bono still bashes on about it (which he hasn't recently). They've only got a decade left in them if they're lucky, just accept it.

Yep. Seeing both JT and AB live would be fantastic! Heck, I saw a ZooTV show and still missed out on three AB tracks.