1. Maybe Bono doesn't want to revisit that chapter in his life. That's why he will probably never sing SYCMIOYO again.
  2. That's a good point. Both SYCMIOYO and Kite have so many feelings attached to his father probably.

Either way, both are fantastic songs. Bono writes some very meaningful music when tragedies happen.
  3. Kite was written from the sentiment that ATYCLB would be U2's last album after having such a bad aftertaste with Pop. People can say what they want about ATYCLB, but the hard truth is that ATYCLB is a large part of why U2 exists today.
  4. my favourite ever song from my favourite ever album, glad i got to see the extended version back in 06
  5. Originally posted by thefly108:That's a good point. Both SYCMIOYO and Kite have so many feelings attached to his father probably.

Either way, both are fantastic songs. Bono writes some very meaningful music when tragedies happen.
    Yeah, I meant Kite is so attached to Bob's memory, it was emotionally exhausting for Bono. He may think that's a chapter closed in his life. Then again, he wrote a song about his mother in the last album, so who knows.
    I agree that Kite may be their best song in many years. What a tune!
  6. Wow that's incredible. Thankfully we have a great recording on Window in the Skies.
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:Kite was written from the sentiment that ATYCLB would be U2's last album after having such a bad aftertaste with Pop. People can say what they want about ATYCLB, but the hard truth is that ATYCLB is a large part of why U2 exists today.
    Exactly.

Whether you like this album or not, it was a big, big, big deal 15 or so years ago.

An integral part of the band's history.
  8. Very lucky. Not at all jealous.
  9. I remember when ATYCLB came out, this was the song that I fell in love with instantly. It still gets me the same. An amazing song from a great album.
  10. Listened to this song a few days ago for the first time in a very long while. It's an incredible powerful song. Love it.
  11. Originally posted by Remy:Listened to this song a few days ago for the first time in a very long while. It's an incredible powerful song. Love it.
    Me too. I adore the song.
    I don't know if anyone knows why its called Kite, but I love the story.
    Bono, on a rare day off with his kids, wants to do the dad thing. Takes his children up on a hill to fly a kite. He does a pretty awful job, the Kite smashes to the ground and breaks up. His kids look at him and say, err, please dad, can we just go home and play the PlayStation now!