1. Originally posted by paulc:[..]
    Me too. I adore the song.
    I don't know if anyone knows why its called Kite, but I love the story.
    Bono, on a rare day off with his kids, wants to do the dad thing. Takes his children up on a hill to fly a kite. He does a pretty awful job, the Kite smashes to the ground and breaks up. His kids look at him and say, err, please dad, can we just go home and play the PlayStation now!
    I say they turned out just fine

2. Originally posted by Remy:Listened to this song a few days ago for the first time in a very long while. It's an incredible powerful song. Love it.

I like to do this with a lot of studio versions
  3. I did this with Kite a while back. Sometimes I get so intrigued by live versions that I forget how great the studio version is
  4. Make a comeback! such an underrated song for live shows !
  5. Yeah I’d love to hear this again live, one of they personal songs that can take on so many meanings. Great tune.
  6. Great Song.a poem.brings me back memories of My mum
  7. Sorry, Kite is massively overrated for me. (as is most of ATYCLB) I get that it's an emotional song for Bono and for others who associate it with memories of loved ones, either still living or passed away, but even as a dad now myself I can't get past how overly sentimental it comes off. The cheesy strings, the slide guitar, the "don't want to see you cry/I know that this is not goodbye" lyrics (can you imagine Bono writing something that obvious and banal in the 90s??). Plus the "last of the rock stars when hip hop drove the big cars" is just cringe-worthy at the end...

I'll admit I've never seen it live, though, and that would maybe change my view...