1. lol, great topic

In my (Dutch) version of U2 By U2 he also mentions it has something to do with his allergy of desserts and sand
  2. Allergy for desserts? He has an allergy for pudding? Just kidding, of course...

Anyway, he looks good wearing them, so he is allowed....
  3. Originally posted by Rob1965:Allergy for desserts? He has an allergy for pudding? Just kidding, of course...

Anyway, he looks good wearing them, so he is allowed....

Hahaha good one
    It looks him good, yeah
  4. Originally posted by markp91:lol, great topic

In my (Dutch) version of U2 By U2 he also mentions it has something to do with his allergy of desserts and sand
    Indeed, as Rob said, dessert is not correct (a dessert is what you eat after the lunch or the dinner, a pudding, a yoghourt, a cake...)

And the allergy to desert's dust and sand has to do with his THROAT problems, that's why he barely could sing during PopMart, because the tour started in Las Vegas (near USA's biggest desert if Im not wrong) and he got a serious infection on the throat, etc etc...
  5. eyes are the window to your soul.
  6. He has an allergy for something that they also put in wine...

And of course to make him look special
    (come on in Larry!) 'You are special'
  7. Originally posted by yeah:The real reason is that he thinks he's looking good with them. He doesn't realize that he looks like an idiot, though.

Yeah is right. Any 'medical condition' he may have is likely just a good excuse to wear sunglasses all the time.

It's definitely a rock star ego thing.
  8. There are other people who have a similar condition who have to wear shades all the time.
    Dutch soccer player Edgar Davids is a good example (although he has a huge ego, so maybe it's not such a good example, actually).
  9. once one uses all the time sunglasses feel beters cause the eyes are more protected of agressions like lights, sun, wind etc.
    my example is that until a few months i didn´t use much sunglasses, a few weeks ago i buy ones i really like and find myself using them all the time in the streets, cause i feel much better with the "protection" of glasses, and don´t forget that if he, as i , have blue eyes the sensation of proterction is great.
  10. The thing I don't get is that it was kind of suddenly that this happened...weird that all over the 80's his eyes were ok.
  11. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Yeah is right. Any 'medical condition' he may have is likely just a good excuse to wear sunglasses all the time.

It's definitely a rock star ego thing.

Yes, but a cool rock star ego thing.
  12. Bono is one of the greatest person on earth BUT HE IS VERY VAIN ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE HE WANTS TO BE VERY NORMAL!!!...he really is vain...
    and he always talks about how big is Edge's ego but actually he's got very big ego..