1. Doubt the Claw would fit if they closed the roof lol...
  2. rumors on interference that the BBC are recording one or both of the Wembleygigs for future broadcast
  3. Sheffield is on Uk radio tho
  4. Just to let you know, I'll try and keep my Twitter (@HJWoj) regularly updated with pics if I get the chance, feel free to add me if you want. There's no pointing Tweeting me directly though, my phone's internet isn't that great I'll just try to keep everyone in on the know about how the gig goes. Same will apply for Sheffield next week
  5. sorry wembley heads!!!!!if u guys r gonna build a stadium properly have a proper roof,i predict,Cardiff for the best gig of the tour!!!just like the others with a proper roof!!!!was the best vertigo date by far,roll on the 22nd!!!!!
  6. Originally posted by daedgeu2:sorry wembley heads!!!!!if u guys r gonna build a stadium properly have a proper roof,i predict,Cardiff for the best gig of the tour!!!just like the others with a proper roof!!!!was the best vertigo date by far,roll on the 22nd!!!!!

Wembley is a football stadium, and God made football to be played outdoors
    The roof does close about 12 metres but not when people are in the stadium
  7. Off to London for the first time U2 have playd at the new Stadium and can't wait. ths will be the 5th time i've seen them @ Wembley stadium and it should be amazing.

I got these times from the offical Wemley site so maybe it will clear up the time bands are on.

THE HOUR 6 - 6.30

ELBOW 6.45 - 7.30

U2 8.15 (which it notes is subject to change, and curfew is 10.30)

8. Originally posted by daedgeu2:sorry wembley heads!!!!!if u guys r gonna build a stadium properly have a proper roof,i predict,Cardiff for the best gig of the tour!!!just like the others with a proper roof!!!!was the best vertigo date by far,roll on the 22nd!!!!!

Much as I adore cardiff and am going there myself, Wembley is an amazing stadium and the gigs there will be awesome. Light will not be an issue and has been discussed ad nauseam on here anyway. Lack of roof has hardly affected the tour so far.

You're also assuming they can get the roof shut in Cardiff - not a foregone conclusion, although with it having been shut in Gelsenkirchen and Amsterdam it does now seem more likely.
  9. Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]
    You're also assuming they can get the roof shut in Cardiff - not a foregone conclusion, although with it having been shut in Gelsenkirchen and Amsterdam it does now seem more likely.

That's something I wouldn't look forward to, though. I've been to both of the mentioned venues and the closed roof turns the stadium into a sauna, breathing on GA gets a little uncomfortable, the claw disappears in the roof construction and looks rather ordinary. And most important: the closed roof kills the sound.
    So how anyone can praise a stadium with a closed roof is beyond me. Might be okay for sports - but certainly not for concerts.