1. Mofo-->I Will Follow-->Gone-->Even Better Than The Real Thing.

2. I am with you although I would add the Crazy remix too.
  3. JT: Bad-October-NYD-Pride

4. One of the very best.

My all time favorite is Miami --> Bullet the Blue Sky --> Please --> Streets from Popmart Leeds. Lots of power in those songs individually already, but all together...wow.

Right up there.
  5. Miami - Bullet The Blue Sky - Please - Streets is epic

(Unknown Caller - TUF -) COBL - Vertigo is pretty cool too

But the winner has to be:

Until The End Of The World - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
  6. Until The End Of The World -> Numb -> New Year's Day -> TTTYAATW

ZOO TV for the win, son.
  7. lemon
    zooropa
    even better than the real thing
    mysterious ways
    until the end of the world
    zoo station
    bad
    one tree hill
    so cruel
    one
    with or without you
    red hill mining town
    all i want is you
    kite
    crumbs from your table
    magnificent
    moment of surrender
    do you feel loved
    mofo
    please
    last nite on earth

if that was the setlist i for one would buy my first U2 live ticket!.....best set was probably zootv.
    cant believe the band have not included zoo station or mofo on there current 360 tour
    ...and kite(the bands finest song) is missed deeply!....

songs like `streets` pride` and maybe even with or without and one...maybe need to start taking a rest from tours..would be nice to bring back some `re-worked` versions of >`so cruel`..and other moving tracks from earlier albums...sometimes i know the fans want the `classics`..but U2 fans are very `loyal`..so it wouldn`t hurt to drop a few classics and let the band bring some of the earlier `album` tracks to the stage....they have a very good backlog of material that should be made a little bit more evident...achtung baby was such a strong album...along with joshua tree...those two albums contain the bands finest work...i would say they have not come close since with a `complete` album.

But although they have not managed to reach that standard since, they still can produce 4-5 tracks on each album that really hit the highs of the earlier 2 gems...there is a spine in U2 that very few bands contain...as a 43yr old myself, they are a band that i have grown with...from the early `punk/new romantic` days to the current `ipod generation`..the progress has been steady...this angry Irish band that came to England and shook the apple tree`s!!...at first not well recieved (due to the IRA factor at that time in England)..this was due to there `statements` in lyrics...after time people got wise and `read between the lines` this was a band not saying `this person is right`..`this person is wrong` this was a band saying `why!!`...plus they learnt the technique of saying things in a better way...but with the same message...equality.

back to the thread!!!!!.....sry got carried away!...

gen.

8. it has to be:
    No Line->Get On Your Boots->Magnificent->Beautiful Day->Elevation->I Still Havent Found...

9. wat about breathe as the opener?? been listening to sheffeild alot latly and love the 1st 4 songs of the new album.
    i liked from the vertigo tour SYCMIOYO>LAPOE>SBS>Bullet>Miss sarajevo, good mix of epic guitar and vocals in that bunch.
  10. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:I modified your topic title a little to make it clear what you're listing.

I like the ones you listed a lot. The UTEOTW --> NYD combo is one of their best.

My all time favorite is Miami --> Bullet the Blue Sky --> Please --> Streets from Popmart Leeds. Lots of power in those songs individually already, but all together...wow.

I'm currently listening to Leeds while I pedal into work. I have a 40 minute commute each day so it takes about 3 days to listen to a whole gig. I got home last night in the middle of Bullet, but with this recommendation I may well start at Miami again this morning!

How long would you consider a sequence? If two songs is enough then definately Unknown Caller - TUF. Those two just compliment each other perfectly and really 'ground' the gig in the middle of the setlist.

If it has to be longer then MLK - TUF - Bullet - Running To Stand Still from the Joshua Tree Tours.
  11. great topic, i think we can all see that by the sheer amount of replys quoting the zootv dvd, it has to be from that.i.e.one-unchained melody- uteotw - new years day, or, bullet- running to stand still-streets
    for me it would be the lemon-wowy-love is blindness

but i am loving ultraviolet - wowy - moment of surrender although i do think they could replace wowy with one tree hill, but with the sheer amount of songs u2 call call upon i dont think this will happen because they play to everyone assuming it is their first gig meaning they play the new album and the classics you expect to hear or would want to hear if it was your first gig.

mind you stay - bad - streets is awesome with the 40 snippet too. awesome topic got me well thinking
  12. All I Want Is You - Where The Streets Have No Name