1. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

What does "clip" mean? Does it imply that the song ends early or it does flow nicely into the next track? Just curious.

Nope, you hear a kind of crackle at the highest points of the song e.g. bass notes, drum snares etc etc. It shouldn't be in any kind of professional recording.

If the recording is made too loud then you'll get that because the higher frequencies can't take it and so they crackle as an effect. You know when you turn up your speakers and they make a sort of crackle over hollow sounds? That's what clipping is. I also call it ripping - because it sounds like ripping. None of my albums besides two Aerosmith (Just Push Play / Honkin' On Bobo), one Michael Jackson (Invincible) and three U2 albums (All That You Can't Leave Behind / How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb / No Line On The Horizon) have it. Notice all were made in and after 2000 - none made before 2000.
  2. Audio are composed of waves in reality. Clipping means that the top of the wave is cut off. Because they 'amplified' the signal to much.

Left is good, right is bad (clipped).
  3. Originally posted by Risto:Audio are composed of waves in reality. Clipping means that the top of the wave is cut off. Because they 'amplified' the signal to much.

[image]

Left is good, right is bad (clipped).

Being a math teacher, I sincerely appreciate the previous two explanations!

4. I just found my The Joshua Tree Remastered Deluxe 3 Disc thing after 2 years of it being lost, just imported it into iTunes, cant wait!!!

woooooooooooooo

Edit: Just listening to it now and it sounds really nice, especially Running to Stand Still and Red Hill Mining Town. Really clear, smooth and nice, especially in earphones
  5. Originally posted by u2spear:I just found my The Joshua Tree Remastered Deluxe 3 Disc thing after 2 years of it being lost, just imported it into iTunes, cant wait!!!

woooooooooooooo

Edit: Just listening to it now and it sounds really nice, especially Running to Stand Still and Red Hill Mining Town. Really clear, smooth and nice, especially in earphones

Sounds good on a big system but it hurts my ears on headphones - maybe I have poor hearing and anything hurts them. The Unforgettable Fire didn't for some reason.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Sounds good on a big system but it hurts my ears on headphones - maybe I have poor hearing and anything hurts them. The Unforgettable Fire didn't for some reason.

sayin that, it did make Mothers of the Disappeared a bit fuzzy which i just thought was a bit weird... ill try it on my big system soon thanks for reccomendedation
  7. Indeed, Running To Stand Still was probably the track which improved the most with the remaster

8. I could hear Exit at the beginning without having to turn it up to 22.

9. This and "With or Without You" were the biggest differences I noticed, as well. WOWY's beginning started off so quiet on the initial CD release, for me, and in the remaster, it's clear as day.
  10. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

This and "With or Without You" were the biggest differences I noticed, as well. WOWY's beginning started off so quiet on the initial CD release, for me, and in the remaster, it's clear as day.

It's much nicer but Streets sounds way more grittier and 'dirtier' like an old rock and roll song. Which it is.

11. Spot on, you're right

I didn't enjoy Streets or WOWY that much, though. They were simply perfect in the album (better in the old vinyl than on the CD, though - as usual), why touch them... But Exit and RTSS improved a lot, there were things which were inaudible and now are clear as water. I like that
  12. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

The JT remaster definitely has an increased sound level. You can now make playlists with more recent albums and not notice the different in volume between tracks. This wasn't the case with the CD I bought in 1989.

Like many, I'm not too concerned about the sound quality of the actual Achtung Baby LP. I'm more interested in which live show(s) they add to the deluxe editions...but THAT's been done on another thread.

Best thing about the Joshua Tree remaster is that 'Exit' sound far better and not so murky.