1. Download the flac and just convert it to mp3. Or just download the existing mp3 files that are already hosted.

2. Anything really, I'm just getting into this whole bootleg thing so i've only got a few, Tokyo 12/4/06, Glasgow Scotland, and one from Dublin during the 90's, so i'm not all too picky. Thanks!
  3. I just noticed.... the torrents I uploaded for testing - I've moved the dvds into a different folder on my harddrive since then as I sorted my bootlegs anew. Shall I create the torrents anew or aren't they used right now, i.e. only there for testing? if I shall "update" the torrents so they work, no problem, just let me know
  4. Originally posted by MacStripey:I just noticed.... the torrents I uploaded for testing - I've moved the dvds into a different folder on my harddrive since then as I sorted my bootlegs anew. Shall I create the torrents anew or aren't they used right now, i.e. only there for testing? if I shall "update" the torrents so they work, no problem, just let me know

No need to create a new torrent. Just remove the .torrent from your client, then download it again from the site, and when your client ask where to store the files, point it to the new location. Then it will check the files and you're seeding again.
  5. Originally posted by noiseless:[..]

No need to create a new torrent. Just remove the .torrent from your client, then download it again from the site, and when your client ask where to store the files, point it to the new location. Then it will check the files and you're seeding again.

ah okay, much easier this way I'm still learning thanks for letting me know so I'll update it now.
  6. Risto, in addition to my suggestion to add a thingy for reseeding requests and the possibility of uploading a sample (preferably in the same cool way you did it on the show pages, just a nice play button and you'll hear music -- that's way cooler than most sites do it), you would do me -- and maybe others too -- a big favor when you make it possible to see not only how many seeders/leechers are online, but also WHO they are.

I hate six line sentences. Sometimes I fire people for doing that.

Anyway. It's just convenient because one could send out a PM in case there's only one seeder, accidently seeding @ 0.0000001kB/s. I've experienced it numerous times at various places and it's very frustrating because as long as such a seeder is present, everybody will think they don't have to help because there still is a seeder. So, in such scenarios it's better to be able to kindly ask the slow seeder to quit seeding but to do so, one will have to know who he is.

That's about it, I think: no more desires!

7. O and about the rules and authorities. I think your draft is good. The Traders Den has the same rules. That is, they allow shows like Dublin 93 and Sarajevo 97 without demanding to butcher the show because of one or two officially released tracks. I like it. Butchering shows is crime. Share complete shows or don't share at all. TTD has never ran into any legal trouble as far as I know. Really no-one cares about a copyrighted B-side to a single that one could buy in a store only 15 years ago.
    But I have to admit for me it's easy, I don't own the place...
  8. i may be a 'blur in the crowd' BUT
    keep mp3's and 'get the FLAC outta here'!
  9. Have you read anything at all? MP3s will stay!

Originally posted by noiseless:Risto, in addition to my suggestion to add a thingy for reseeding requests and the possibility of uploading a sample (preferably in the same cool way you did it on the show pages, just a nice play button and you'll hear music -- that's way cooler than most sites do it), you would do me -- and maybe others too -- a big favor when you make it possible to see not only how many seeders/leechers are online, but also WHO they are.

I hate six line sentences. Sometimes I fire people for doing that.

Anyway. It's just convenient because one could send out a PM in case there's only one seeder, accidently seeding @ 0.0000001kB/s. I've experienced it numerous times at various places and it's very frustrating because as long as such a seeder is present, everybody will think they don't have to help because there still is a seeder. So, in such scenarios it's better to be able to kindly ask the slow seeder to quit seeding but to do so, one will have to know who he is.

That's about it, I think: no more desires!

Sample will be using the same system as the show pages i think. Should be possible! You can already see who is seeding by clicking 'peer list' on the detail page. It includes average download speeds, but after reading your post I will include upload speeds there as well

Originally posted by noiseless:O and about the rules and authorities. I think your draft is good. The Traders Den has the same rules. That is, they allow shows like Dublin 93 and Sarajevo 97 without demanding to butcher the show because of one or two officially released tracks. I like it. Butchering shows is crime. Share complete shows or don't share at all. TTD has never ran into any legal trouble as far as I know. Really no-one cares about a copyrighted B-side to a single that one could buy in a store only 15 years ago.
    But I have to admit for me it's easy, I don't own the place...

I agree it sucks, but we do what we gotta do. But i hope we can keep the draft like that
  10. yeah keep flacs out of here. flacs are scary. flacs sometimes eat children.