1. I always burst out laughing when Edge starts singing on this
  2. Bono also sang (sung?) a pretty big part of the song during one of the shows of the last leg on 360.
  3. But great version anyway!
  4. How.... How can you guys not love the Johnny Cash closer? I think The Wanderer is one of U2's greatest songs as it is. And a really nice way to end Zooropa - just a little bit off, quite unexpected, but thematically a perfect culmination of all the places the preceding nine songs have been.
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:How.... How can you guys not love the Johnny Cash closer? I think The Wanderer is one of U2's greatest songs as it is. And a really nice way to end Zooropa - just a little bit off, quite unexpected, but thematically a perfect culmination of all the places the preceding nine songs have been.
    Easy for me I'm not a fan of johnny cash, I don't like his voice. Not saying he wasn't talented but not for me. I prefer the live version ten times more, I think everything about the song on the album is actually really good except from the way it's sung. If you like johnny cash though I can see how you would like it.
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:Saw a poll on Twitter yesterday of some fan looking to find out what album is better than another. Songs of Innocence was narrowly beating Zooropa, I don't know how that's possible.

I saw that, too, and voted for SOI. it was a tough choice, though. zooropa undoubtedly brought forth some really iconic songs. I thought it superior to AB for the longest time (AB has caught up a lot in recent years), and it's still a big fav of mine. ultimately, I think I voted for SOI because I have a stronger personal connection to some of those songs. it's just more personal to me, even though zooropa might have the better songs...
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2:I've been listening to Zooropa a lot more recently, incredible album considering how much time they dedicated to the recording of the album. Really loving Some Days Are Better Than Others at the moment, completely fascinated by the groove.

Saw a poll on Twitter yesterday of some fan looking to find out what album is better than another. Songs of Innocence was narrowly beating Zooropa, I don't know how that's possible.

I love Zooropa and all it means, and some of its songs (Zooropa, Stay, Dirty Day) are among my all time favourites... But as a whole I think SOI might be superior. Zooropa has more low points (Numb, Some Days, The First Time) having 3 songs less (yes, I know considering The Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands as a part of SOI is cheating a little bit, but hey). Zooropa is more hit and miss, more brilliant, bolder, more dramatic. SOI is more consistent, steady, sober.
  8. According to Wikipedia (redirecting from Live Music). A concert is a live music performance in front of an audience. To me your version doesn't count as a live performance. The 360 version, 2011-07-02 in Nashville, was a snippet.
  9. Wasn't the live version televised though? Though I'm not sure it was televised as it was being played, or if it was prerecorded