1. well said Madss...Mercy live is annoying me cos they have missed the bridge bit out, and left out the best lyrics...

However, im so AMAZINGLY excited that they have played it live though, obviously!

2. U2 playing in the pouring rain always seems to have a somewhat unreal existentialistic power about it. It sucks having to stand in the rain for hours and hours and get soaking wet, but if this is what we'll get, then I wouldn't mind.

However, I want a dry show in Munich but still with some surprises. I'd love to hear Mercy live. I was so lucky to hear Every Breaking Wave in Vienna, I'll never forget that.
  3. Just watched the Mercy video... nice to see Terry Lawless getting a name check.

I do miss Unkown Caller from this leg of the tour... loved the Hammond and Edge's solo in that song.
  4. Ahhh looks like it must have been one hell of a day yesterday. I really regret not going there - had the chance to.
  5. ola from the rainy Munich
    left Zurich this morning to come here for Wednesday's show.
    It's been an extraordinary night in Zurich last night. God it rained shit and as I was standing in the back of GA on purpose, wanting to enjoy the full light show for once (which I did, on my 10th concert of the 360 tour I caught myself standing there with my jaw dropped down, a silent "wow" coming over my lips every now and then, go figure ) - however as I stood there and they played Vertigo, the sky gave in and rain poured down like hell's gate had been opened -- and people in GA started leaving!!! I swear it is true. In dozens they hurried past me, and I thought they were insane. Well, to make it short, this gave the hardcore fans like me, soaked to the bone, the chance to get to the front, at least 20 meters altogether and we stood tight and as Crazy was over the mood changed in the audience down there. As always I can only speak for the area I stood, but that is what happened. We got shit rained on in Zurich and it was special. (I won't talk about freezing to death in my cloths after the show when it took me 2 hours to get back to my hostel, nor will I complain about the nasty cold I caught, no way )

As for me, Mercy was the highlight. I'm sure there's a lot of discussion about it going on, but I can't follow that as I'm online via a public place and time is money here It was not only th every first time a U2 song was ever played and I was lucky enough to be there, I could also sing along loud to the lyrics -- well, except the ones that got changed from the version we knew so far amazing. I loved it so much
    MotD was also great!!
    North Star was nice, still feels truly unfinished though.
    And MY GOODNESS they played I Will Follow!!! I had hoped for that song all along. I love it, it makes me go bounce like there's no tomorrow -- and I did just that love it love it love it. Was there with some great Italian guys during that song, we bounced like mad

Another thing before I hurry offline again..... the lightshow of the claw looked so fantastic in that pouring rain. If it wouldn't sound too girlish, I'd say it was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. But I don't say that. It was enough for some goosebumps though, fair enough. It looked ah-mazing.

that's all I think for now. Arrived in Munich this noon, and guess what, that nasty rain has travelled with me steadily pouring down here, bah. hope that will change until Wednesday. If they play Every Breaking Wave then, I shall die happy after that

see y'all
  6. Thanx so much for you review, I SO wish I was there yesterday....It must have been really special. I was in Istanbul when they soundchecked Mercy and I was like OMFG!!!! this can't be real, so i can imagine the feeling

Well, have fun in Munich, hope the rain settles down a bit, but hey...on the other hand, I think the rain made this concert extra special
  7. Great review Kirsten! Must have been a great show...

P.S. just watched some videos and Bono went completely nuts at the end of UTEOTW. AWESOME
  8. Might have been a song short but, apparently, the best show of the 360 tour so far.
  9. Totally Can't wait for the bootleg...
  10. The videos are awesome. Matt's camera continues to amaze me. Even in the pouring rain we get great picture and sound from him
  11. GREAT review, Kirsten, glad you had a good time. I thought of you when I Will Follow was being played, I thought "Wow, she must be having a great time over there"... Sorry for the rain and the cold, but at least you got some reward