1. Originally posted by Lightmyway92:I love how epic the song is and how dramatic. It's a perfect live set piece. I agree that it hasn't been equally effective on every tour, but when it was effective (ZooTV and Elevation in particular) it just blew the roof off whatever arena they were playing it in. I agree that the noisy, Bono/Edge outro performance from the Elevation tour is awesome!

The intro with Bono's distorted voice and the drums is goose-bump inducing! It was one of the first songs I latched onto when Achtung Baby was new. I loved hearing an aggressive guitar riff like that in a U2 song (same with "The Fly") and the heavy distortion/feedback outro. It also has a great Edge solo! There's so much to like about this song, and I didn't even mention the cool lyrics! I could go on and on.

I think it's one of those songs that seeing it live and being engulfed in it as opposed to hearing (or seeing a video clip) a live recording from Zoo TV is a totally different animal...
  2. I dare you.

I double dare you...

...to find a live version where Bono sings the final "laa, laa laaa, laralaaa la laaa" 's on time. He just can't
  3. Sometimes he's so late he sings them in Streets.
  4. I thought that was quite good.

For Paul.
  5. It's been brilliant Paul

My challenge is still up, though. Someone find a version of UTEOTW where Bono sings the La laa laaaa's on time and not totally out of sync with the outro.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's been brilliant Paul

My challenge is still up, though. Someone find a version of UTEOTW where Bono sings the La laa laaaa's on time and not totally out of sync with the outro.
    Is the slane version not on the money? It sounds good anyway.
  7. Think he nails it on the outside broadcast documentary version
  8. It's on time, indeed. Althought it's a much shorter round of lalalalas than usual, but it's good