1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Very underrated among U2 fans:
    Elvis Presley and America, Wild Honey, A Man and a Woman, White as Snow.
    Hey, I'd love to have those in an EP.
    Wild Honey isn't underrated, it's awful

Originally posted by Bullet_Blue:Boomerang II, With A Shout, Theme For Let's Go Native, Some Days Are Better Than Others... Actually, I think that the 60% of U2's repertoire is quite underrated.

YUP. Unreal song.

2. Way to prove him right haha.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw out, in addition to those previously mentioned, Babyface and Playboy Mansion. I do not understand the hate for those songs.
  3. Originally posted by Faceman2000:[..]

Way to prove him right haha.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw out, in addition to those previously mentioned, Babyface and Playboy Mansion. I do not understand the hate for those songs.
    I'm not the biggest fan of the playboy mansion but babyface is a great song, definitely underrated in my opinion. Would love to hear them have another go at it live.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Very underrated among U2 fans:
    Elvis Presley and America, Wild Honey, A Man and a Woman, White as Snow.
    Hey, I'd love to have those in an EP.

Yes, yes, yes. I love them all so much - though I will admit that Elvis Presley & America was a slow grower for me.
  5. Also - Iris and Cedarwood Road. Two of the best songs the band have had in a very long time on the new album... nobody seems to give them much attention.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Also - Iris and Cedarwood Road. Two of the best songs the band have had in a very long time on the new album... nobody seems to give them much attention.
    Really? I would say both are highly regarded and quite possibly the album's highlight for a big big percentage of the fans if you asked them. Both had prominent places in the set of the I&E tour and I bet they were on both casuals & hardcores highlights from the shows too.

I would say This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now and The Troubles are much more underrated than these two.
  7. I don't know if one would call these "underrated" but songs like A Sort of Homecoming, Love Is Blindness, God Pt 2, and Dirty Day are certainly underplayed. It's almost criminal that these songs have been pretty much been shelved for good since the tours they were originally played on.

Note: I purposely didn't mention Acrobat and Drowning Man since they never really been performed...and Exit and Red Hill Mining Town are on their way.
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:I don't know if one would call these "underrated" but songs like A Sort of Homecoming, Love Is Blindness, God Pt 2, and Dirty Day are certainly underplayed. It's almost criminal that these songs have been pretty much been shelved for good since the tours they were originally played on.

Note: I purposely didn't mention Acrobat and Drowning many since they never really been performed...and Exit and Red Hill Mining Town are on their way.
    Love is blindness should be played live
  9. Native Son, Levitate
  10. Originally posted by Faceman2000:[..]

Way to prove him right haha.

To me, if something is "underrated" it means that its inherently good, but that good is unrecognized by the masses.

There's nothing good about Wild Honey. I'd rather listen to Freedom For My People.
  11. The problem is that this is all subjective, of course. But I really like that song, as does César and at least another four or five people haha. So for us, yeah, definitely an underrated song.

I hate Man and a Woman. One of their worst songs in my opinion. So, I just accept that I'm part of the "masses" in that case.
  12. I love crumbs from your table. edge has a great riff!