1. "Streets" on Radio Veronica (The Netherlands), they are playing at least 2 U2 songs a day. But from "Songs of Innocence" you hardly hear a song. Sometimes you can hear a song from SOI on Arrow classic Rock.
  2. Today : Happiness is a warm gun ..it was a big surprise ...is in a raio station that there are a guy once a week play some "rare" stuff ...
  3. I heard Discotheque today! Needless to say, I was super pumped
  4. ISHFWIWLF ..a classic ..but i listene to Sweetest thing ...they were talking about forgive and tell the history about this song
  5. One and Pride yesterday and today ...2 classics
  6. Lincs FM have just played One Tree Hill !!!
  7. Today I've had Walk On, With Or Without You, and currently The Fly.
  8. MW and EBTTRT on belgian radio yesterday.
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I'm so torn about U2 in the supermarket... I love it so much and hate it so much! It's like what's next? Elevators? (Although there is Coldplay for that)

Heard lady with the spinning head and who's gonna ride your wild horses in a couple of grocery stores.
  10. I listen to Absolute Radio at work and I recently discovered that they have had a Last.fm account since 2008. What that means is that the radio station have been keeping record of everything that they play on this site. Now, over the past 8 years it turns out that U2 are in fact the second most played artist on that station with 11,388 plays. Which is surprising to me as I didn't expect U2 to be that popular.

The top 10 most played U2 tracks are:
    1. Mysterious Ways (764 plays)
    2. Even Better Than The Real Thing (759 plays)
    3. Beautiful Day (717 plays)
    4. Vertigo (673 plays)
    5. Pride (592 plays)
    6. One (555 plays)
    7. Desire (549 plays)
    8. Where The Streets Have No Name (545 plays)
    9. With Or Without You (503 plays)
    10. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (478 plays)

But what is interesting is what comes after.
    16. Magnificent (368 plays)
    19. Invisible (267 plays)
    20. Ordinary Love (258 plays)

So Magnificent is the 3rd most popular track from 2000-now. Get On Your Boots falls in just behind the three 'singles' from Songs of Innocence. And it seems that 2014 was actually a good year for them as that's the year they got the most radio time for this station. Invisible and Ordinary Love really contributed to that as well. The story that this doesn't tell though is how quickly new U2 is forgotten. Mysterious Ways was last played yesterday, The Real Thing the day before. Magnificent was last played in 2010 while Invisible hasn't been played for almost a year. In 2016, the only track from the past two albums to get played is Sleep Like A Baby Tonight...once. That's less than Trip Through Your Wires.

Anyway, a bit of rambling after seeing talk of hit singles and relevance. New U2 will get played in decent amounts, but it just doesn't seem to have that staying power (at least at this radio station).