1. Yeah, Well i based my original point on that. The fact that they don't play anything live from it now.
  2. That's pretty cool and kinda sad at the same time.

3. IMO POP is most underrated U2 Album !!! MOFO DISCOTHECH, HOLY JOE, GONE, SATS, PLEEASE ! alot of good tunes ! I Hope they play some Pop tunes on this upcoming 2017 JT Tour!
    These ain't the golden oldy U2 days , but I'll settle for whatever I can Get !
  4. "Please" is such a great song and I would so LOVE to hear "Mofo" live again!! That song is a train!!

Moved my thoughts to POP-thread...
  5. Pop to me is U2 at the edge of their rope in a good way. I can't imagine what they would be like now had Pop been a success.

But it certainly is unfinished. Not the kind of unfinished U2 that we all yearn for, that not-so-overproduced sound that we prefer, but the kind of unfinished that sounds like it could've used a few more months of mixing and recording to hit home way more. All you have to do is compare the "new mix" versions of some of those songs to their album counterparts, or even the live versions from the Popmart tour to the album.

It's impossible to say whether it would've been received better at the time had it been "finished" - but I've no doubt that it'd be up there with JT and AB in terms of quality if it had been. Many of those songs are just so fucking good in terms of their writing, but just fall short on the album - whether it's Bono's vocals, the mix, unfinished sounding sections, etc.

I'd LOVE for them to break out any of the tunes now, as we all would. Last Night on Earth would be fucking stellar. It's as good as Until the End of the World to me, if not more pleasing to my ears just because I haven't heard it as many times.
  6. I dont understand why they never play anything from Pop. Specifically Discotheque.....considering that was their last top 10 hit....
  7. Pop is their last(great)album. What they did since then is pure low-quality-commercial stuff.
  8. Originally posted by Release3:I dont understand why they never play anything from Pop. Specifically Discotheque.....considering that was their last top 10 hit....
    They've actually had about a dozen top 10 singles since then. All of which get played quite regularly, I do agree though that it could easily be added to the setlist.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They've actually had about a dozen top 10 singles since then. All of which get played quite regularly, I do agree though that it could easily be added to the setlist.
    He means on the Billboard Hot 100.
  10. That's quite surprising, well that makes the case even better then, im guessing the band just don't feel a connection with the song or a need to play it but im in agreement it deserves a run out.
  11. I Agree !!!! I'm an oldies U2 fan myself !!! their greatest album is JT!!!!
  12. I have to admit that, perhaps it's just setting myself up for it, but - I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we hear nothing from Pop this year. Come on, even an acoustic version of Staring At the Sun....