1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Nahhhhhhhh!

Plus, in this day and age, I don't think anyone would call someone a snob for saying U2 is better than other musical acts. They'd probably call us stupid.
    "Who is U2? Oh, oh... they're those dicks that violated me and put FREE music in my itunes library. I'm still in therapy over that."

LOL
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    "Who is U2? Oh, oh... they're those dicks that violated me and put FREE music in my itunes library. I'm still in therapy over that."

LOL
    uuuuggghhhhhhhhh

Sorry, other people my age, my music taste is just better than yours, and that's all there is to it.
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    uuuuggghhhhhhhhh

Sorry, other people my age, my music taste is just better than yours, and that's all there is to it.
    Same crowd that woulda been jubilant if Katy Perry or Justin Bieber violated their privacy with free music.

That said, the funniest I've read yet, though, was "Kanye doing a solid for that old dude to kickstart his career"

(Old dude = Paul McCartney)
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Same crowd that woulda been jubilant if Katy Perry or Justin Bieber violated their privacy with free music.

That said, the funniest I've read yet, though, was "Kanye doing a solid for that old dude to kickstart his career"

(Old dude = Paul McCartney)
    Yeah, I remember seeing that....

It really does rub me the wrong way about the SOI backlash, because the outrage WAS just because it was 'dad music' or whatever. Like, if it had been Beyonce it would've been 'bold' or whatever, but because it's a band of men older than their 30s who've had more than a half dozen records it's unfashionable and pathetic. How horrifying. What was surely the best album of the year, and what I would happily call the best U2 album since Achtung Baby (or at least, as I think a fair number of fans would probably agree to, 'since Pop') gets given to you FOR FREE and all you can do is be mad that you have a TOTALLY RISK-FREE chance to try something new that you might even enjoy, or hey - like 14-year-old me playing my dad's CDs on a crappy portable player late one summer night - have an absolute soul-searing epiphany that you have found THE band of the rest of your life. But no, just complain about how bad and upsetting that was. *angry sizzling*

But on a brighter note, most of my friends actually said they thought the release was cool (although maybe they were saying that to avoid me doing what I just did in the last paragraph ) and they at least listened to part of the album. A lot of them really liked it too. So, not a total loss....
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]

It really does rub me the wrong way about the SOI backlash, because the outrage WAS just because it was 'dad music' or whatever. Like, if it had been Beyonce it would've been 'bold' or whatever, but because it's a band of men older than their 30s who've had more than a half dozen records it's unfashionable and pathetic. How horrifying. What was surely the best album of the year, and what I would happily call the best U2 album since Achtung Baby (or at least, as I think a fair number of fans would probably agree to, 'since Pop') gets given to you FOR FREE and all you can do is be mad that you have a TOTALLY RISK-FREE chance to try something new that you might even enjoy, or hey - like 14-year-old me playing my dad's CDs on a crappy portable player late one summer night - have an absolute soul-searing epiphany that you have found THE band of the rest of your life. But no, just complain about how bad and upsetting that was. *angry sizzling*

But on a brighter note, most of my friends actually said they thought the release was cool (although maybe they were saying that to avoid me doing what I just did in the last paragraph ) and they at least listened to part of the album. A lot of them really liked it too. So, not a total loss....
    I have nothing more to add to this. +1.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]

If Radiohead had done the same thing (they gave an album for free too in 2006), it would have been hailed as "revolutionary", and "trend-setting".
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    If Radiohead had done the same thing (they gave an album for free too in 2006), it would have been hailed as "revolutionary", and "trend-setting".
  8. Caught this on an advert for perfume on tv of all places...
  9. Sure blows the Jack White cover away as far as I'm concerned.
  10. It's pretty similar and actually the first version that was aired was Leela´s vocals over Jack's version!