1. 90's U2 were BY FAR the best.
  2. To me it was 1987-1997.

I can't drop Pop or The Joshua Tree though to make that a nice even ten year period.
  3. 1984-1993 though. Solid period.
  4. 1976-2017 for me
  5. sure hope that rumour of extending the tour and coming to minneapolis is true!!!
  6. Been thinking recently about the bands studio output. Have concluded the following.

U2 just used to write music that happened to be very good. Now they try to write music that is very good instead. An important distinction and one they seem to get caught up in.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Been thinking recently about the bands studio output. Have concluded the following.

U2 just used to write music that happened to be very good. Now they try to write music that is very good instead. An important distinction and one they seem to get caught up in.
    Exactly. When you try to write, it's never as good as just letting it happen...
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:Been thinking recently about the bands studio output. Have concluded the following.

Do you think if they just released more albums we would maybe have ones that are better than what they have brought out but also ones worse or do you think overall we'd be looking at the same sort of quality of output just in greater quantities?
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Do you think if they just released more albums we would maybe have ones that are better than what they have brought out but also ones worse or do you think overall we'd be looking at the same sort of quality of output just in greater quantities?
    I just think they need to go jam and have a good time rather than over think and over analyze everything. When the released TUF it was a complete change of direction from 1st 3 records, likewise with AB... But they did it, and they didn't worry. I think today's U2 would be hesitant and unsure of releasing both of these records today...

They need to loosen up and just do it. The people who are on board and have been on board are gonna stay on board with them... the one's they are worried about recruiting have an attention span from now until their next click on spotify anyway... so, what's the worry?

My Wednesday soapbox. Stepping down now.