1. If only they'd focus on that again. "This is where we're at. I'm into it. We're into it. And I really think that the real U2 fans that have been around, they'll be into it. We might lose some of the pop kids, but... we don't need them"

The people that relevance should matter to. The 4 of them and those of us who'll be with them until the journey's end...
  2. yeah! screw the pop kids!
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    If only they'd focus on that again. "This is where we're at. I'm into it. We're into it. And I really think that the real U2 fans that have been around, they'll be into it. We might lose some of the pop kids, but... we don't need them"

The people that relevance should matter to. The 4 of them and those of us who'll be with them until the journey's end...
    Why do you think that they didn't get away with pop, well in terms of crowds and reception at the time, but the less successful NLOTH was adequate to tour the 360 tour with? It's something I've always found strange. Pop even had a relatively successful in Discotheque, it doesn't really make sense.
  4. 1. Achtung Baby
    2. Joshua Tree
    3. October
    4.. Zooropa
    5. Pop
    6. War
    7. TUF
    8. Boy
    9. RAH
    10..HTDAAB
    11. ATYCLB
    12. NLOTH
    13. SOI
    That's my order
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Why do you think that they didn't get away with pop, well in terms of crowds and reception at the time, but the less successful NLOTH was adequate to tour the 360 tour with? It's something I've always found strange. Pop even had a relatively successful in Discotheque, it doesn't really make sense.
    First, I have to say, every Pop show I saw had no lack of crowds. But it is a good question. I think Pop may have been doomed from the start. I think everything about it was forced. I don't think the record was finished. I think they booked the tour too quickly and consequently everything had a tight deadline, and we all know how deadlines and U2 go together (see... every record since Pop ) I think while The Claw for 360 was massive, it still wasn't as indulgent as the Pop stage and made it easier for them to be looser and deviate (look how much NLOTH was gone as the tour moved on because they weren't restricted by the stage/screens/content... I don't know. I'm just blowing smoke... I'm sure we all have an opinion on this one. As one who witnessed, I thought it was brilliant live...
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    First, I have to say, every Pop show I saw had no lack of crowds. But it is a good question. I think Pop may have been doomed from the start. I think everything about it was forced. I don't think the record was finished. I think they booked the tour too quickly and consequently everything had a tight deadline, and we all know how deadlines and U2 go together (see... every record since Pop ) I think while The Claw for 360 was massive, it still wasn't as indulgent as the Pop stage and made it easier for them to be looser and deviate (look how much NLOTH was gone as the tour moved on because they weren't restricted by the stage/screens/content... I don't know. I'm just blowing smoke... I'm sure we all have an opinion on this one. As one who witnessed, I thought it was brilliant live...
    Its another tour I wish I had witnessed. Always enjoy the Mexico City DVD and some of the bootlegs from the tour. Maybe it wasn't quite a disaster sales wise as suggested and just a few shows with bad sales made the headlines along with a few lacklustre performances early on. I guess with 360 the band were at least playing to a high standard early on and the show itself was pretty spectacular. Good to get your view on it anyway as someone who was at both tours. Still kinda puzzles me really but I think the explanation you gave about tight deadlines has got a lot to do with it.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Its another tour I wish I had witnessed. Always enjoy the Mexico City DVD and some of the bootlegs from the tour. Maybe it wasn't quite a disaster sales wise as suggested and just a few shows with bad sales made the headlines along with a few lacklustre performances early on. I guess with 360 the band were at least playing to a high standard early on and the show itself was pretty spectacular. Good to get your view on it anyway as someone who was at both tours. Still kinda puzzles me really but I think the explanation you gave about tight deadlines has got a lot to do with it.
    I think it has a lot to do with they have been overly cautious ever since...
  8. Not sure if this was posted already, but... some nice praise by Noel:

9. Let's hope he'll be on stage with U2 in Europe to play RTSS. He has a good taste of U2 songs.
  10. A month ago I would have said that I don't think they'd bring any foreign artist to perform any of the Joshua Tree songs, but after seeing Vedder and Mumford accompanying the band during Mothers I say that's more plausible now. I'd love to see Noel featured in any of the songs, I'm pretty sure he knows all of them by heart so any of them would be welcome.
  11. I would be fine with him playing an instrument but want Bono to be singing all the songs. MOTD Seattle is probably my least favourite version since Vedder sings on it. He sang it well but it's not u2 then.
  12. How freakin' smart am I? My Genius 'Ultraviolet' edits.

"The lyrics of the song, in first person, and it’s association with the character Mr Macphisto refers to the performance style of Ed Wynn’s character The Perfect Fool made in 1921, who was famous for acting as an ambivalent clown, and navigating through story arch’s through the use of monologues."

"The song is reminiscent of the story of Ed Wynn’s rise to fame, who became a clown on the suggestion of his baby son Keenan Wynn, who then went on to star in various plays, some self-written and successful screen performances, such as with comedy legends The Three Stooges."