1. Seeing Arctic Monkeys tonight in Glasgow - leaving in an hour... words cannot describe how excited I am to see this band. It's been years I've been wanting to see them live, and the time has finally come.

The Vaccines and Smith Westerns supporting... meh, could be a lot worse.
  2. Lucky you!!! Im really looking forward to my show on January 27th so I can perfectly understand you, Kieran. If you've been a fan for a long time maybe you're disappointed for the lack of a lot of the "essential" early material on the setlists, but anyway they're putting out some fantastic shows with a pretty balanced setlist (including Mardy Bum!! ) so ENJOY them tonight!!!
  3. How was the concert, Kieran?
  4. i'm gonna see them on the 8. february near my hometown in Metz (France). A friend of mine is the webmaster of the french site arcticmonkeysfrance.com . i'll probably get some backstage passes

5. The word 'amazing' doesn't even describe it. They are absoutely outstanding live, and the atmosphere was just mental. I'd really look forward to the gig in January, Sergio.

This gig was better than Kings of Leon and I'd probably say Coldplay as well, so therefore, they are the second best band I've ever seen. Completely out of this world.
  6. Originally posted by spiral_staircase:i'm gonna see them on the 8. february near my hometown in Metz (France). A friend of mine is the webmaster of the french site arcticmonkeysfrance.com . i'll probably get some backstage passes

You might have a PM soon hahaha

Glad to hear that, Kieran. I've checked the setlist and damn hell, I'd gladly sign that for my show
  7. Well, it's not the full DVD, but...

PS. Heartbreaking Mardy Bum How can I love that song so much?
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

The word 'amazing' doesn't even describe it. They are absoutely outstanding live, and the atmosphere was just mental. I'd really look forward to the gig in January, Sergio.

This gig was better than Kings of Leon and I'd probably say Coldplay as well, so therefore, they are the second best band I've ever seen. Completely out of this world.

after seeing KOL last month i dont think its hard to be better then them, they were absolute shit. But im seeing AM next month and im glad to hear they are so good
  9. Which show(s) are you attending, Andrew? January 10th?
  10. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

after seeing KOL last month i dont think its hard to be better then them, they were absolute shit. But im seeing AM next month and im glad to hear they are so good

You did see them post-rehab. When I saw them, they were on fire that night. Playing 27 songs and it was Nathan's (the drummer) birthday. So we got a fantastic set. And the crowd were fantastic. I'd say it was an immense show, but nowhere near as good as Arctic Monkeys.

I think you just got unlucky with Caleb being a dick and thinking he's THE rockstar of our generation at that time.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASongWhich show(s) are you attending, Andrew? January 10th?

Yup, thats the one. Counting down the days.
  12. I'm still debating whether to tape the Madrid show in audio.
    On one hand, I doubt anyone else will do it (there is little recording tradition for indie bands here in Spain, most of the shows don't get any full recording), and I definitely want to have a recording of it... But on the other hand, taping is not exactly compatible with enjoying the show 100%, and even more a Monkeys show... Aaahh the decissions. If only I could have someone holding the recorder for me