1. ^ no, not really. In fact, the almighty Rotterdam shows exist just because Bono's voice was so fucked up that they had to cut short the second Amsterdam show and cancel the 2 following shows there too, so the 4 Rotterdam dates were added as compensation. The tour was originally scheduled to end with the Dublin New Year's Eve show.

But I agree that Bono as a whole was in top form for most of the tour. As was the rest of the band.
  2. I saw 2 Lovetown shows in Melbourne. No bells and whistles. Just pure energy. The 3 punch of desire, all along the watchtower and god part 2. Quite a few of the songs were only played on that tour. Hawkmoon came alive and was a highlight when it was played
  3. Originally posted by andypow:I saw 2 Lovetown shows in Melbourne. No bells and whistles. Just pure energy. The 3 punch of desire, all along the watchtower and god part 2. Quite a few of the songs were only played on that tour. Hawkmoon came alive and was a highlight when it was played

Well I must say I am a tad envious.
  4. Yeah dont get me wrong i'm not bashing the Lovetown Tour by any means,there were many great moments on the tour and many great versions of songs played-Hawkmoon,God Part II,Angel Of Harlem,Watchtower,Desire etc i just personally lost love for some of it over time especially the BB King part.I just find it surprising how so many fans have it at the top of their fav tours when you have Popmart,Zoo TV,Zooropa,360,Elevation,Vertigo,Zoo tv and UF to compete against it.I like Rummy's suggestion that perhaps im spolied a little and need a One on UTEOTW to truly enjoy a bootleg,i find myself looking for Streets and WOWY when enjoying a good fire bootleg.
  5. Originally posted by kezman:Yeah dont get me wrong i'm not bashing the Lovetown Tour by any means,there were many great moments on the tour and many great versions of songs played-Hawkmoon,God Part II,Angel Of Harlem,Watchtower,Desire etc i just personally lost love for some of it over time especially the BB King part.I just find it surprising how so many fans have it at the top of their fav tours when you have Popmart,Zoo TV,Zooropa,360,Elevation,Vertigo,Zoo tv and UF to compete against it.I like Rummy's suggestion that perhaps im spolied a little and need a One on UTEOTW to truly enjoy a bootleg,i find myself looking for Streets and WOWY when enjoying a good fire bootleg.

Streets and WOWY are essential songs for me on a bootleg, as well. I like a bit (no a lot) of stuff from JT and AB when I'm listening to a U2 show.
  6. I don't have the time to search for it (and I'm typing on a tablet - which is still awkward for me!) but there is an absolutely fantastic compilation from the four Dublin shows out there. I think is was posted on here by noiseless(?) or spiral(?) almost three years ago.
  7. I used to need the stuff from post 87 on a show as well. But that was a while ago now, before I really got to appreciate the band's whole catalogue. The Boy tour now ranks up there as another of my favourites. I guess some things are an acquired taste? Maybe you'll like it one day, maybe you won't. Not a big deal

8. +1

They continued with the best of JT and perfected it and added it to R & H to make a perfect tour.
  9. Originally posted by kezman:The setlists were very good i have to admit,im not really getting the intensity part,maybe because many bootlegs are of poor quality??? I just dont like that whole "blues" encore,know what you mean about Elevation though mate,from the minute they walked on stage it was electric.

I'm gonna go against the grain and agree with this guy.

Lovetown DOES have some great shows/moments, and yeah the setlists varied, but they did seem like sort of just a hodgepodge to me.

He makes a good point- want electricity from beginning to end? Try the Elevation shows. Perfectly orchestrated setlists IMO.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:^ no, not really. In fact, the almighty Rotterdam shows exist just because Bono's voice was so fucked up that they had to cut short the second Amsterdam show and cancel the 2 following shows there too, so the 4 Rotterdam dates were added as compensation. The tour was originally scheduled to end with the Dublin New Year's Eve show.

But I agree that Bono as a whole was in top form for most of the tour. As was the rest of the band.

True, I wasn't really counting those because those were like full on cancellations, what I meant was when they DID perform he was nuts. There are plenty shows on plenty tours when Bono performed extremely bad (which is why I don't get the massive love for popmart)